Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had to lemon their 4XE? I am starting the process with Stellantis. Although I love my Jeep, and I do plan on buying another of the same model, they have been unhelpful so far.

I was really hoping to discuss the Manufacturer Buyback process with people who have had to sell them back.
My 4xe has been in the shop 4 times since I bought it two months ago. I had the car shut off and not be able to turn on everywhere from the beach (ironic since its a jeep) to picking up groceries.

Who else has has to file for a lemon or manufacturer buyback with Stellantis?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I no longer feel safe driving the car, with the issue of repetitive car shut downs. Anyone else have concerns over vehicle safety with 4xe Sahara?

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
71 Posts
Sorry you are have so many issues. Did you describe the problems you are having on this forum to see if it reminds anyone of one of the common issues others have had with their Jeep’s, and possibly help you self fix, or recommend a fix for your dealer?

Most of the electrical issues seem to have been loose fuses and or relays.

The other issue that seems to be major, has to do with problems with the EV harness, it is either not properly connected, and it comes loose, or in one case was cut and it required a replacement.

One member describe his method of going through the lemon law process in his state, but he said he involved the finance company he used to buy the Jeep, and they were the ones that helped push the process along.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What state are you in? I know of someone that went through a lemon law issue in NY and the dealer was pretty good about it.

Note: I actually recall getting a lemon law notification that I had to sign when purchasing my 2021 Colorado ZR2. In NY, the dealers have to notify you of the process when you're buying the vehicle.

Also, I would really like someone to report on what Stellantis is saying behind the forums (private chats) because it seems like they're not helpful but their main goal is to get you to stop complaining publicly. I wonder if we can create a thread devoted to repeating everything Stellantis provides customers having issues to keep them honest.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One thing my attorney mentioned was to keep the actual "lemon law" stuff off social media, at least while going through the process. I think it was good safe advice so as to not cause any problems. Lawyers like to keep things quiet I think as it helps the negotiations. YMMV.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like you hired a good lawyer. :) You can (and please do) post your results to help others and good luck with the process.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Following. As I may have to go through this process soon with my 4xe, had it for less than 12 hours before a warning light came on, and now they don't know when the module it needs will arrive.... :cautious:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We requested a lemon with Stellantis , and we haven't heard from them since. They said they needed the chance to fix the car, but the part was not available. Been in service since June 11th. (1560 miles)Vehicle shut down at 70 mph on highway, extremely dangerous!

·
Registered
462 Posts
@Thegoodlife i agree they should have the ability to fix but it isn’t your fault they don’t have the part to execute. You may want to get an attorney involved, I bet you will hear from them then!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn bought back due to random no starts after 1 week of ownership . Repaired a few times then dealer got the area factory rep involved. Wanted to tear down vehicle at the dealer and replace wiring harnesses and modules, nope didn’t want a rattling new truck. Next offer was an extended warranty, I laughed at them and said the truck came with a warranty. Next offer was MSRP of my vehicle off the replacement of my choice. If I spent more I pay the difference (which I did). Replacement Longhorn had the 8 speed instead of 6 speed and few other options, best off all ZERO problems till I traded it at 40K miles. I’m in NYS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts