Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
I was in the same boat as you - charger was installed before the 4xe showed up. It will laugh at you every day until the car shows up. At least mine did. :(

Registered
So, I'm going to ask a stupid question-did you go through Jeep for the juice box charger, or is that something we can just do ourselves in terms of ordering and having installed?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I'm going to ask a stupid question-did you go through Jeep for the juice box charger, or is that something we can just do ourselves in terms of ordering and having installed?
I ordered it thru Amazon and got it in a few days. I used a website called Qmerit to help get some install bids but ended up going with a local electrician. It鈥檚 installed and waiting to charge my Rubicon. 馃ぃ

Registered
Thanks for that. I feel like I recall my dealer saying something about being able to install it, but didn't listen closely. I'd rather go the route of purchasing myself like you did after looking at some options.

Registered
I ordered it thru Amazon and got it in a few days. I used a website called Qmerit to help get some install bids but ended up going with a local electrician. It鈥檚 installed and waiting to charge my Rubicon. 馃ぃ
What did it end up costing you all in the long run?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What did it end up costing you all in the long run?
The charger was $650 (which my electric company will reimburse fully) and paid the electrician $1600 to run a 50 amp circuit from the service panel to the garage (about a 45 foot run).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts