Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to look at lifetime battery and hybrid miles? I was going to leave my B trip odometer alone and never reset it and some how accidentally reset it this week. I was wondering if there is a hidden menu somewhere or some way of seeing that data.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm sure there is, I've been wondering the same. The history info is there but not easily consumed. But if you don't know I doubt anyone else will know how to find it that is allowed to say.

Perhaps there is some unknown PID off ODB2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, plus why is oil life based on engine + electric miles when the engine is shut off during electric use? I get that transmission/transfer case/differentials would be based on total miles. I would argue my oil life should be 89% per the app screenshot.

Rob

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering the same thing, plus why is oil life based on engine + electric miles when the engine is shut off during electric use? I get that transmission/transfer case/differentials would be based on total miles. I would argue my oil life should be 89% per the app screenshot.

Rob
View attachment 803
I'm not sure it is. I'm at 4,494 total miles and I'm at 78%.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It isn't just miles; it's what goes into those miles. A few years ago an engineer/pilot friend and I talked at length about this. Depending on the manufacturer, at a minimum it's based on number of cold start cycles, time of operation between start/stop cycles, number of warm/hot start/stop cycles, overall hours of operation, and inferential engine loads based on an algorithm for throttle position/rpm/fuel flow metering at given engine temperatures. I'd assume all of the data points the system collects are over engine-hour time and, of course, mileage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Makes sense, but my oil life has always been observed as 100% - total miles divided by 10,000. E.g., 95% at 500 miles total, 92% at 800 miles, 90% at 1000 miles, 80% at 2000 miles.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Makes sense, but my oil life has always been observed as 100% - total miles divided by 10,000. E.g., 95% at 500 miles total, 92% at 800 miles, 90% at 1000 miles, 80% at 2000 miles.
Interesting. Maybe there's a minimum threshold that's logged (i.e. 10,000 miles is the internal max?) of wear on the oil so if you don't drive it hard then you get the maximum life before a recommended oil change?

·
Registered
288 Posts
@Wrangler4XEFan
Not sure if you ever had any luck finding the answer we have all been looking for. Service center said they had no way of finding how many miles were on the ICE either.
I came close using JSCAN getting total ICE miles since last OLM reset.

Info here:

This would be a great question if/when you do another interview with Dan. 😉👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts