Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to look at lifetime battery and hybrid miles? I was going to leave my B trip odometer alone and never reset it and some how accidentally reset it this week. I was wondering if there is a hidden menu somewhere or some way of seeing that data.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm sure there is, I've been wondering the same. The history info is there but not easily consumed. But if you don't know I doubt anyone else will know how to find it that is allowed to say.

Perhaps there is some unknown PID off ODB2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, plus why is oil life based on engine + electric miles when the engine is shut off during electric use? I get that transmission/transfer case/differentials would be based on total miles. I would argue my oil life should be 89% per the app screenshot.

Rob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering the same thing, plus why is oil life based on engine + electric miles when the engine is shut off during electric use? I get that transmission/transfer case/differentials would be based on total miles. I would argue my oil life should be 89% per the app screenshot.

Rob
View attachment 803
I'm not sure it is. I'm at 4,494 total miles and I'm at 78%.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It isn't just miles; it's what goes into those miles. A few years ago an engineer/pilot friend and I talked at length about this. Depending on the manufacturer, at a minimum it's based on number of cold start cycles, time of operation between start/stop cycles, number of warm/hot start/stop cycles, overall hours of operation, and inferential engine loads based on an algorithm for throttle position/rpm/fuel flow metering at given engine temperatures. I'd assume all of the data points the system collects are over engine-hour time and, of course, mileage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Makes sense, but my oil life has always been observed as 100% - total miles divided by 10,000. E.g., 95% at 500 miles total, 92% at 800 miles, 90% at 1000 miles, 80% at 2000 miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Makes sense, but my oil life has always been observed as 100% - total miles divided by 10,000. E.g., 95% at 500 miles total, 92% at 800 miles, 90% at 1000 miles, 80% at 2000 miles.
Interesting. Maybe there's a minimum threshold that's logged (i.e. 10,000 miles is the internal max?) of wear on the oil so if you don't drive it hard then you get the maximum life before a recommended oil change?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts