Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local dodge dealership and left feeling convinced I could find a better deal on a lift for the 4xe. Found a local place that specializes in aftermarket jeep work and the owner I spoke with recommended I go with this lift anyways since he said it was better than the Mopar lift and half the cost. Does anyone know if this lift will be compatible? The owner of the shop called someone while I was in the store to confirm that the terafelx kit would work and they said yes but I just want to double check before I go ahead and get the work done on Tuesday. If anyone has any advice or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a 4Xe or 4Dr but putting my Mopar lift on tomorrow. Yes, lots of lift options out there that are arguably better for less $$. However, Mopar is the only one that complies with ALL FCA warranty stipulations, so Jeep dealers will not have an after-market lift kit component to “blame”. With TerraFlex, Icon or any of the others YOU are taking on that liability. Prices for Jeep dealer installation vary, so check around before you overpay to have your online purchase installed. 4-5 hours shop time with special alignment included was common in my area (even though Lift Kit Manual says 2.2 hrs) and one wanted 7 hrs + $130 to align 🙄. Purchased mine from Mopar Accessory Giant for $1,311 w/ free shipping and it was drop shipped-freighted directly from FCA warehouse in 3 weeks. Your decision of course, but that’s what I did. When the warranty is done, we shall see if else “pops” up 🙂.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hard to go wrong with the TF setup, solid product and great support.

To NoGas's point - IF you are concerned at all with the warranty support, it may make sense to go Mopar - but it will not out perform a TF build. there are many, many options out there - don't feel compelled to jump on the first one you find.

On my old JK, I optioned the Mopar, TF and Rock Krawler kits - in the end, for me the RK kit was the best bang for the buck - Installed fully in my driveway - dealer never hassled me about it with regard to warranty work. They actually swapped the entire rear end about 3 weeks after install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to go wrong with the TF setup, solid product and great support.

To NoGas's point - IF you are concerned at all with the warranty support, it may make sense to go Mopar - but it will not out perform a TF build. there are many, many options out there - don't feel compelled to jump on the first one you find.

On my old JK, I optioned the Mopar, TF and Rock Krawler kits - in the end, for me the RK kit was the best bang for the buck - Installed fully in my driveway - dealer never hassled me about it with regard to warranty work. They actually swapped the entire rear end about 3 weeks after install.
Good to know about the warranty! Thank you for the input guys. My main worry was the added weight from the battery pack being able to be supported by the TF kit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to know about the warranty! Thank you for the input guys. My main worry was the added weight from the battery pack being able to be supported by the TF kit
TF is doing a Sahara build currently - might be worth giving them a call directly with your questions...they've always been very helpful

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some feedback from Teraflex, here is what I was told “Unfortunately, we have not finished our testing on the 4xe at this time, so we cannot say what kits will or will not be compatible. We should have more information in the next couple of months.”

I then asked about what the issues were with the testing and here was the response.

“There were issues with the emergency brake lines, shocks, and trying to figure out how to level it out with the heavier equipment.”

Going to talk with the head mechanic at the auto shop here and see if he has any other thoughts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good to know they are working on it. The rear end is a lot heavier on a 4xe so obviously will need different springs and maybe rear shocks. I wonder whats different about the ebrake though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts