Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Has anyone actually lifted their 4xe yet and if yes what brand/lift/tires did you end up doing? Mopar only goes 2" for the lift kit "approved" for the 4xe, my Jeep guy has concerns going 37's and a 2in lift on the Sahara version I'm getting. I want to go 3.5-4in lift with 37's but having trouble finding lift kits that say they will work with 4xe. For example Fabtech specifically says theirs is NOT compatible with the 4xe. Curious if anyone has investigated further.

Appreciate posts here once you successfully lifted your 4xe!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think a lot of companies are waiting to get their hands on a 4xe before saying which lift kits will work or not work on it. I reached out to Teraflex and that's what they told me.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
I’m sure it’s too new to determine if existing products will work or not. There is a weight issue to consider as well. I want to lift mine in the future but I would advise waiting for awhile on serious aftermarket mods. They will make stuff specifically for these I’m sure.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I’m sure it’s too new to determine if existing products will work or not. There is a weight issue to consider as well. I want to lift mine in the future but I would advise waiting for awhile on serious aftermarket mods. They will make stuff specifically for these I’m sure.
Yeah the last thing anyone wants is to see something break because it can't handle the added weight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi everyone! Has anyone actually lifted their 4xe yet and if yes what brand/lift/tires did you end up doing? Mopar only goes 2" for the lift kit "approved" for the 4xe, my Jeep guy has concerns going 37's and a 2in lift on the Sahara version I'm getting. I want to go 3.5-4in lift with 37's but having trouble finding lift kits that say they will work with 4xe. For example Fabtech specifically says theirs is NOT compatible with the 4xe. Curious if anyone has investigated further.

i talked at length to Teraflex last week. They got all three flavors of the 4xe delivered earlier in the week so they can run tests on them. The rubicon is the heaviest, with steel bumpers, bigger brakes and more likely to get a winch, lights, bigger tires, etc. The issue is the spring rates and the shock settings for the heavier weights, all the rest of the parts will be the same.
‘I’m going with a 2.5” CT2 Teraflex lift and their proprietary shocks. The CT2 has adjustable control arms, so all the axle and driveshaft geometries can be restored to factory specs. I’m getting a Rubicon and with this suspension lift you can easily run 35”, with the Rubicon 4.10 ratio. You can run 37” in the Rubi, with this lift, but may have to then increase the ratio in your rear end to handle the bigger tires.
‘if you have a Sahara, you will definitely have to have your rear differential modified to handle the 37”’s. add several hundred $$ to the Bill.
‘Check out these videos Of seven stock Rubicon’s modified with lift kits.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a lifted 4xe by Mopar 2" by the dealer before purchasing. After trail riding 1 time my front spring totally bent. I took back to the dealership and they told me that the lift kit has been recalled and they will let me know when the engineers have a solution. Until then I have a $60,000 Rubicon that is unable to go on the trails. Maybe should have bought a toyota corolla.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Official Wrangler 4xe performance parts from Jeep are finally here!

Everything you need to know is in this thread:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i talked at length to Teraflex last week. They got all three flavors of the 4xe delivered earlier in the week so they can run tests on them. The rubicon is the heaviest, with steel bumpers, bigger brakes and more likely to get a winch, lights, bigger tires, etc. The issue is the spring rates and the shock settings for the heavier weights, all the rest of the parts will be the same.
‘I’m going with a 2.5” CT2 Teraflex lift and their proprietary shocks. The CT2 has adjustable control arms, so all the axle and driveshaft geometries can be restored to factory specs. I’m getting a Rubicon and with this suspension lift you can easily run 35”, with the Rubicon 4.10 ratio. You can run 37” in the Rubi, with this lift, but may have to then increase the ratio in your rear end to handle the bigger tires.
‘if you have a Sahara, you will definitely have to have your rear differential modified to handle the 37”’s. add several hundred $$ to the Bill.
‘Check out these videos Of seven stock Rubicon’s modified with lift kits.
Curious, why did you opt for this lift instead of the ST3 3.5" that Trail Recon suggested was the best in their test? Does Teraflex suggest the CT2 for the 4xe since the TR test was with the 3.6L? I'm trying to decide if I should go with the Mopar lift or something else. I'm going to run 37" on my Rubicon.

Also, I read somewhere that the Rubicon is 1" taller than the previous stock Rubicon JL. Not sure how that plays into this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet! I like the wheels, you had the ring painted or powder coated? What offset? A bit more than what I’m looking for, but I like. I’ve convinced myself I want 35’s and at the most a 2” lift, maybe just spacers, but 2nd guess myself when I see 37’s on a 2”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sweet! I like the wheels, you had the ring painted or powder coated? What offset? A bit more than what I’m looking for, but I like. I’ve convinced myself I want 35’s and at the most a 2” lift, maybe just spacers, but 2nd guess myself when I see 37’s on a 2”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks !!!
This is the second JI we have had and both have had 37’s mounted and no issues. I’ll post my wife’s 2019 in a few. Go with 37’s and you’ll never look back.
Rings were painted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a lifted 4xe by Mopar 2" by the dealer before purchasing. After trail riding 1 time my front spring totally bent. I took back to the dealership and they told me that the lift kit has been recalled and they will let me know when the engineers have a solution. Until then I have a $60,000 Rubicon that is unable to go on the trails. Maybe should have bought a toyota corolla.
The spring puck probably isn't seated properly. some spring bow is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone experiences issues putting wheels on the Rubicon 4xe? Dealer told me the lugs on the 4xe were not long enough for the Black Rhino wheels I’m taking off of my 2014 JKU. Seems odd given what I’m seeing in this forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone experiences issues putting wheels on the Rubicon 4xe? Dealer told me the lugs on the 4xe were not long enough for the Black Rhino wheels I’m taking off of my 2014 JKU. Seems odd given what I’m seeing in this forum.
They told me the same thing, that I wouldn’t be able to use my fuel rims without additional modifications

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone please point me to the correct Mopar 2” lift kit for 4xe? All the listed ones say “does not fit your (4xe Sahara)”.

Official Wrangler 4xe performance parts from Jeep are finally here!

Everything you need to know is in this thread:
View attachment 327

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally researched a ton before buying. Die to warranty and such went mopar lift dealer 30% off with adjustable track arms. 1 will not add the brackets to lift position of arms to center arms to avoid pealing but will center axles. 2 will not go over 2" it causes issues I just trail ride with friends. 3 over 33" why buy e get 392. My new issue is how to chop mod fenders and nkt throw code on Xe models. All others throw codes and they all day "we need to buy an Xe" to test.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts