Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great! Do you find the steps make it easier to get in and out? Also, how was the installation process?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ncgator install was easy. I actually don’t use the steps but willl once I add 35’s. I mostly got them for my 5’2 wife and my kids and it definitely makes it easier for them. Selfishly it also prevents them from damaging the rocker panels trying to use the stock rock rails as a step and guards against rocks chipping the hinges.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you are adding 35s are you also lifting it I assume, and then my real question is will you still fit in the garage? I can’t not park in a garage so I’m hesitant on lifting mine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won’t need a lift, Rubicon can handle 35’s stock. I had a JKU Sport with a 2.5 lift and 35’s and had no issue getting into my garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How low do the drop steps sit as compared to the factory sliders? I read the steps are removable when you get to the trails, how easy is that (then you need to store them)?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn’t get the optional step. The step that comes included is probably 3-4” lower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think these may be my first official mod too. I really like the way they look in your photo (my 4xe Rubicon is white too), and at 5’7”, the step will be nice to have. I did buy the dirtydog pet/cargo divider, but I wouldn’t call that a real mod!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Someone told me 35s will fit but without a lift there is binding. But he doesn’t speak from experience just what he heard. So I’ll be interested to hear how it works for you. The rails do look good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts