Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

New to the forum, ill be going to a dealer in the next few days to begin to the process of building my very first car (Wrangler Rubicon 4xe). Due to it being my first car, I wanna do as much research as possible to know everything about it and was wondering if you guys can help me out. What are some of the important things I should make sure the build has when it comes to the car?

Appreciate everyone's time and looking forward to the replies.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I mean, the stock Rubicon is pretty robust on its own. The other items are really due to preferences.

If you plan to tow anything, get the tow package.

I live in New England, so really wanted the cold weather package (remote start, heated seats and steering wheel)

I prefer the flat black look of the standard hard top and fenders so didn’t upgrade to have them match the color of my new Jeep.

You can always add upgrades down the road as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree with everything that @JeepBhoy said. If you are trying to watch the price tag (like I was) think about the things you can add later. I almost got a hard top only and was going to order a soft top later but ended up getting the dual top. But there are things like the Adaptive Cruise Control that would be difficult and probably expensive to add later. I sort of wish I got the front camera but I'm at peace with that. I pretty well loaded out my Sahara except for that and headliners in the hard top.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey,

New to the forum, ill be going to a dealer in the next few days to begin to the process of building my very first car (Wrangler Rubicon 4xe). Due to it being my first car, I wanna do as much research as possible to know everything about it and was wondering if you guys can help me out. What are some of the important things I should make sure the build has when it comes to the car?

Appreciate everyone's time and looking forward to the replies.
If you live where there is snow you are going to want rubber floor mats of some kind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
this purchase is my first car/jeep as well so super excited to get it just off general principle.

one thing i have read is that getting the extra safety packages added on to your vehicle can help with insurance costs as well. if i am wrong about that, someone please correct me (ty!).

·
Registered
88 Posts
this purchase is my first car/jeep as well so super excited to get it just off general principle.

one thing i have read is that getting the extra safety packages added on to your vehicle can help with insurance costs as well. if i am wrong about that, someone please correct me (ty!).
Yeah, you'll probably get a discount for it. I think the adaptive cruise control alone is worth it though. At our age, our reflexes aren't what they used to be so those features also good for peace of mind.

Remember the Wrangler will tow only 3500lbs if you get the tow package. That's enough for a small off-road trailer. I got it primarily for the upgraded electrical as this will be a camper.

I got the black hard top and fenders and love the effect with the Hydro Blue.

I skipped the steel bumpers figuring I can probably do better aftermarket if I decide I want them. I live in the south so no real need for the cold weather group or remote start.

A lot of things are standard on the 4xe that aren't on the other Wranglers so there really isn't a whole lot to add. I skipped the stuff I thought was just adding cost without function. It still came out to a $60K vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Echoing some of the previous comments. When looking to add options on a build ask yourself these questions:
Can I install this as an aftermarket for cheaper or with something closer to what I want?
Is it better to have it built in from the beginning?
While some things can be added later and are likely much cheaper on aftermarket (think the ridiculously over priced tow strap and gloves) other options are a better value now if you want them. For example, you can upgrade to the lighter gorilla glass windshield for $99 now, or pay $400 later to have the windshield replaced.

Some options you can only get when you first order, like the proximity entry option. If opening the door while your keys are in your pocket is important to you, better add that up front.

Lastly, if you are financing, remember the cost of the option is not just the sticker for that item, but the interest on that over the life of the loan.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
I always think of options upon resale. It’s why I got the Rubicon. Easier to sell in 4 yrs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, you'll probably get a discount for it. I think the adaptive cruise control alone is worth it though. At our age, our reflexes aren't what they used to be so those features also good for peace of mind.

Remember the Wrangler will tow only 3500lbs if you get the tow package. That's enough for a small off-road trailer. I got it primarily for the upgraded electrical as this will be a camper.

I got the black hard top and fenders and love the effect with the Hydro Blue.

I skipped the steel bumpers figuring I can probably do better aftermarket if I decide I want them. I live in the south so no real need for the cold weather group or remote start.

A lot of things are standard on the 4xe that aren't on the other Wranglers so there really isn't a whole lot to add. I skipped the stuff I thought was just adding cost without function. It still came out to a $60K vehicle.
Mine was $60k too but I figured resale value should be around $45k in 3 years so it's not too bad to have a fun car for 3 years for $5k a year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts