Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was an early Bronco reservation waitlister last summer and eventually gave up, but my friend has stuck with it and even paid the deposit in January. However, he still doesn't have a VIN, Ford is likely killing the color he wanted, and he has no idea what and when anything will deliver. While there ls a lot of misery on this board, is it better to have loved and lost, or never loved?

Personally, I'm really enjoying my 4xe. I wanted an EV convertible that was comfortable, easy and fun to drive around the Bay Area, but could take my family and me further than a regular car. We'll see how I feel when/if I encounter anything like folks on this board, but I've owned Land Rovers, so I'm already calloused to reliability issues. :).

Either way, I though these Bronco badges were great and want to share. My buddy is getting the No VIN Gang shirt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bronco was never a consideration for me, because there’s no plug. However I’ve had a similar experience and wait for Cybertruck. Placed my reservation and it has been crickets since. Supposedly we were supposed to see a final production mock up in July, never happened. Deliveries were supposed to begin late 2021, and it’s clear that’s no longer the case. Once Tesla announced they would prioritize Model Y in the new Texas plant until end of 2021, I knew there was no hope for Cybertruck until 2022 and likely late 2022. So I ordered my 4XE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was an early Bronco reservation waitlister last summer and eventually gave up, but my friend has stuck with it and even paid the deposit in January. However, he still doesn't have a VIN, Ford is likely killing the color he wanted, and he has no idea what and when anything will deliver. While there ls a lot of misery on this board, is it better to have loved and lost, or never loved?

Personally, I'm really enjoying my 4xe. I wanted an EV convertible that was comfortable, easy and fun to drive around the Bay Area, but could take my family and me further than a regular car. We'll see how I feel when/if I encounter anything like folks on this board, but I've owned Land Rovers, so I'm already calloused to reliability issues. :).

Either way, I though these Bronco badges were great and want to share. My buddy is getting the No VIN Gang shirt.

I am glad I saw your post, I too am a Bronco refugee. I just could not take the wait and constant drama regarding delivery dates. At this point, Ford could not tell me whether I could even expect delivery in 2022 (I placed my order in March 2021). I am canceling my order this week and ordering a 4xe. I am also a former Land Rover owner and sincerely hope the 4xe is nothing like a Land Rover (I was at the Land Rover dealership so frequently I knew the names of my service advisors grandchildren).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts