Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Sahara 4xe for almost 2 months and running around in the mountains in electric is one of my new favorite things but when the road gets a bit steep or rough and I switch into 4 Lo my electric will kick off. To make things worse once a wheel slips in 4 Lo I often get stuck in a bad spot with the clutch trying to choose electric or gas (I think this is what is happening) and taking me no where. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I usually can struggle through the tough stuff by keeping engine revs fairly high but I feel I should have plenty of torque in full electric to make it up a 20 - 25% grade with a little slip here and there on the tires? I have read reviews where the Jeep has worked flawlessly in 4 Lo and electric so I am puzzled by this issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's weird, my Rubicon will stay in electric mode in 4lo, assuming you've pressed the electric mode button. When you say "kick off", is it going back to Hybrid mode?

I certainly have enough torque to crawl over anything in 4low (which is 4:1 on Rubicons), but it can be hard to modulate the throttle smoothly. The easy solution is to use the "selecSpeed" feature and let the Jeep do the work, I think that's standard on all 4xEs but I'm not sure on that.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's weird, my Rubicon will stay in electric mode in 4lo, assuming you've pressed the electric mode button. When you say "kick off", is it going back to Hybrid mode?

I certainly have enough torque to crawl over anything in 4low (which is 4:1 on Rubicons), but it can be hard to modulate the throttle smoothly. The easy solution is to use the "selecSpeed" feature and let the Jeep do the work, I think that's standard on all 4xEs but I'm not sure on that.
Thanks for the info! All the reviews I have seen with Rubicons have been fine in electric as you say. Is this just a Sahara blip? I have not yet seen a review of a Sahara in 4 Lo. But yes, it will kick me out of electric mode (back to hybrid) as soon as I shift into 4 Lo. Select Speed on a hill will not work but it will on flat or slight downhill terrain. Not sure I am a big fan of that setting so I am not feeling too bad about that one. I will see if the dealer can figure anything out in the coming weeks?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, wow, it sounds like something is wrong if it won't let you crawl in electric mode - as far as I know, doing so isn't supposed to be Rubicon only. Though I have only my own experience to go off of, it'd be nice if another member with a Sahara could post...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info! All the reviews I have seen with Rubicons have been fine in electric as you say. Is this just a Sahara blip? I have not yet seen a review of a Sahara in 4 Lo. But yes, it will kick me out of electric mode (back to hybrid) as soon as I shift into 4 Lo. Select Speed on a hill will not work but it will on flat or slight downhill terrain. Not sure I am a big fan of that setting so I am not feeling too bad about that one. I will see if the dealer can figure anything out in the coming weeks?
Hey there, Madfish. If you do end up visiting the dealer and need our additional assistance, send a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts