Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello 4xe world!

In this thread I'll be posting progress (and adding some pictures) of a few what I would consider personal essential mods.

1. BlackVue DR900X dash cam - Completed
2. Added Netgear LTE hotspot, rear seat USB powered (ignition switch) - Completed

Our battery allows the dash cam and wifi hotspot run indefinitely - I love it.

3. Dual 10" subwoofer, currently connected to stock amp - 2x dual 2ohm is matching the built in sub 4 coils. Will be adding 600W monoblock with L2Ci - in progress
4. Phone mount. Focused on simplicity - in progress
5. Tazer JL-Mini install. Ian from Z Automotive confirmed that we soon will be able to permanently engage regen - can't wait! Tazer will enable a whole lot of other setting changes - in progress
6.Tablet visor mount. Since I didn't need my tablet while driving and space around the uConnect is already cramped, I have opted to replace the one thing I have never used in any car - visor mirror :) - in progress

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello 4xe world!

In this thread I'll be posting progress (and adding some pictures) of a few what I would consider personal essential mods.

1. BlackVue DR900X dash cam - Completed
2. Added Netgear LTE hotspot, USB powered - Completed

Our battery allows the dash cam and wifi hotspot run indefinitely - I love it.

3. Dual 10" subwoofer, currently connected to stock amp - 2x dual 2ohm is matching the built in sub 4 coils. Will be adding 600W monoblock with L2Ci - in progress
4. Phone and tablet mounts. Focused on simplicity - in progress
5. Tazer JL-Mini install. Ian from Z Automotive confirmed that we soon will be able to permanently engage regen - can't wait! Tazer will enable a whole lot of other setting changes - in progress
this is great. Please keep us posted. I am specially interested in adding a second subwoofer with a dedicated amp. Thanks and good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Curious on the hotspot. Does the built in one have too many limitations?

I was curious if it would work with dashcams. Otherwise the onboard system is useless as I already have AT&T. Verizon might be a better option, especially when in the country.

Does the 4xe keep the 12v topped off when not plugged in? ACC will only stay on for a set time period.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious on the hotspot. Does the built in one have too many limitations?

I was curious if it would work with dashcams. Otherwise the onboard system is useless as I already have AT&T. Verizon might be a better option, especially when in the country.

Does the 4xe keep the 12v topped off when not plugged in? ACC will only stay on for a set time period.
You have nailed it - on board hotspot is useless with dashcams. Mine is also with at&t and unlimited data. Works really well with BlackVue.
My Tesla used to wake up every 4 hours to top off the 12V battery. I plan to do some precise measurement and logging regarding 4xe, unless someone else confirm this first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts