Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

just wondering the maximum number of miles people are getting between gas fill ups. I know everyone has their own driving habits but I’m curious what people are seeing. I’m still on my first tank, have driven about 500 miles and have 1/2 a tank left. Had a full tank until yesterday when I had a 150 mile road trip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Depending on when I get delivery will depend on how long the first tank will go. Have some big summer trips planned. But once September hits, 95% of my daily driving will be less than 20 miles and my office has charging stations at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow!!!! some of these numbers are so good. I have like 600 miles. still on the original tank from dealership. A little under half full now.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
4 Posts
Got my 4xe on Friday, drove it about 190 miles on Saturday and had to fill it once. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the battery life/distance. For instance, I charged to 100% at work, had to run an errand over lunch which was about 10 miles round trip and came back to work with 47% battery left. Am I expecting too much from the battery? How often are you guys having to charge? Every day? Twice a day?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I charge whenever possible, every time I am home and overnight. I am pretty consistently getting 24-26 miles on a single charge. Level 2 charger is a must have to maximize range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my 4xe on Friday, drove it about 190 miles on Saturday and had to fill it once. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the battery life/distance. For instance, I charged to 100% at work, had to run an errand over lunch which was about 10 miles round trip and came back to work with 47% battery left. Am I expecting too much from the battery? How often are you guys having to charge? Every day? Twice a day?
I just charge overnight on the level 1 charger at home. 20mi round-trip to work. Groceries and errands are within a couple miles of me.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
338 Posts
Charge whenever you can. Battery life seems to get better as you go. These Jeeps were meant to shine for small trips or esave to the trail and off-road on all electric. You see no benefit with long trips or not charging up often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first Jeep ever, bought it on the 4th of July, 400 miles and filled once and at half tank...now I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here....Guess I need to go back through the manual again. I have the 4xe Rubicon, and again, very first Jeep and this thing has a lot for me to learn about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first Jeep ever, bought it on the 4th of July, 400 miles and filled once and at half tank...now I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here....Guess I need to go back through the manual again. I have the 4xe Rubicon, and again, very first Jeep and this thing has a lot for me to learn about.
TL;DR - YMMV - especially with the 4xe. :)

It totally depends on your driving patterns. For folks getting huge numbers like that, it's likely they have short trips and are charging all the time.

For me, I do lots of short trips and charge a lot. E.g. I started the day at 100%, and re-charged it twice yesterday between each of my trips. That's why L2 chargers are great because it allows that pattern.

I'm at 500 miles with 5/8ths of a tank left. I doubt every tank will be that good, but some may. Also, I, like others, have been playing the "how many miles can I get on my first tank" game, which may cause slightly different behavior than the long term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TL;DR - YMMV - especially with the 4xe. :)

It totally depends on your driving patterns. For folks getting huge numbers like that, it's likely they have short trips and are charging all the time.

For me, I do lots of short trips and charge a lot. E.g. I started the day at 100%, and re-charged it twice yesterday between each of my trips. That's why L2 chargers are great because it allows that pattern.

I'm at 500 miles with 5/8ths of a tank left. I doubt every tank will be that good, but some may. Also, I, like others, have been playing the "how many miles can I get on my first tank" game, which may cause slightly different behavior than the long term.
Thanks for the explanation. Being new to both EVs and Jeeps, I definitely have lots to learn and that explained a lot. So, I found a few charging stations around me (level 1 at home just doesn't cut it) and ran only in hybrid setting yesterday, charging in between trips, and I was able to go 139 miles not really using any gas. Now I feel a little better about this purchase.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll have plenty more newb questions later...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agree with @Creakydoor all about driving styles. I’m at 990 and could still be on my first tank if I hadn’t had a trip where I wasn’t sure about charging abilities, which were much better than anticipated. So, combined I’m probably at 990 miles with 7/8 tank. when I go to work there is a charger there so I get to recharge for ride home and do the commute on probably a quarter tank.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts