Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Max Regen on, do the brake lights light up every time I let off the gas pedal?

I've noticed while driving on the highway that cars who drive behind me get frustrated and then proceed to cut me off even though I'm driving well above 80 in a 65 mph zone.

It happens 5-6 times each way of my daily commute.

Is it because they think I'm brake-checking them when I let off the gas?

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I find this interesting because we always have max regen on.

While following my wife, (on a long trip to the dealership to drop off our old lease), I was looking for this after seeing Wrangler4XEFan's video. I didn't notice in at any time in all the various driving conditions.
We haven't had any issues with our 4xe except for the intermittent backup lines that we haven't addressed yet, so I'm curious why it's different.
May be a question for Dan.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I find this interesting because we always have max regen on.

While following my wife, (on a long trip to the dealership to drop off our old lease), I was looking for this after seeing Wrangler4XEFan's video. I didn't notice in at any time in all the various driving conditions.
We haven't had any issues with our 4xe except for the intermittent backup lines that we haven't addressed yet, so I'm curious why it's different.
May be a question for Dan.
You should have gotten the OTA update a month or two ago that fixes that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
As a side note, with the blended braking on the 4XE, when you lightly apply the brakes, you’re doing the same thing as max regen but more variable. The P2 motor/generator does the deceleration, not the friction brakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.