Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to keep the max regenerative mode on between starts?

Every time I start the vehicle, I have to remember to push the button, seems like there would be an option in a menu to keep it on or remember the last setting.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried some harsh language, no luck ...

;)

In the Hybrid Supplement (print page 8 of the PDF ...), it actually =claims= the selected is maintained through a restart, but I'm not experiencing that either:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did an experiment on my commute today. I had been commuting with max regen on, and getting to the office with about 45% battery left. Today I commuted without max regen, and got to the office with 60% battery left. Was careful to brake lightly so it used regen and not actual brakes. Have only done this once, but seems like max regen prioritizes power back to the battery so much that it fights itself a little bit.

Where I see max regen being valuable is on long descents just coasting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did an experiment on my commute today. I had been commuting with max regen on, and getting to the office with about 45% battery left. Today I commuted without max regen, and got to the office with 60% battery left. Was careful to brake lightly so it used regen and not actual brakes. Have only done this once, but seems like max regen prioritizes power back to the battery so much that it fights itself a little bit.

Where I see max regen being valuable is on long descents just coasting.
Interesting, can you try a few more days to get some more data points?

I'm not quite used to the max regen driving style. Requires you to come in to stops a little on the "hot" side where I usually like to coast with momentum.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I'm not quite used to the max regen driving style. Requires you to come in to stops a little on the "hot" side where I usually like to coast with momentum.
To coast you can also press the accelerometer (gas pedal) just a bit snd you will see it is still charging the battery and slowing down but not as quickly as letting go of the pedal. It takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Does slight throttle application just lessen the regenerative braking and are the brake lights on?

Once concern I have is getting rear ended but I usually maintain a good 360 awareness. I like to make sure I don't give the person behind me a surprise in heavy traffic.

I haven't heard it called an accelerometer since college!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Does slight throttle application just lessen the regenerative braking and are the brake lights on?

Once concern I have is getting rear ended but I usually maintain a good 360 awareness. I like to make sure I don't give the person behind me a surprise in heavy traffic.

I haven't heard it called an accelerometer since college!
Lol now that it isn’t necessarily gas I figured I’d bring back the term. As far as the brake light, it comes on if you are decelerating using regen at a certain rate. Chris posted a good video illustrating it:

·
Registered
6 Posts

yeah good call. I’ll chart it for the next few days and follow up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah good call. I’ll chart it for the next few days and follow up.

Awesome thanks! I'm really curious, as it seems a bit counterintuitive. I assumed Max Regen did =not= have any negative impact on battery, didn't, you know, introduce anything into forward movement/acceleration that would cause additional battery consumption, and that the only thing it did was generate more power, and slow the car quicker.

FWIW, I really dig on the Max Regen feel, I use it for like 90-95% of my "braking", so it gets used quite a bit, when it's not on, I'm braking like I would an ICE vehicle, which I would think doesn't put much power back into the car[?]

I guess if you're coasting longer on standard regen there's more time to create power, vs. the shorter stopping distance with Max, though the latter should be making more power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts