Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gassed up for the first time with the 4xe. I could not get very much gas into the tank before the pump auto cuts off (sensing the tank is full). It happened when I tried to gas up like normal (leaving the nozzle in the tank and flipping the little kickstand on the handle) and holding the nozzle myself and putting in very little gas at a time.

i know the 4xe tank is smaller, but surely it won’t be this much of a pain to gas up each time. I’m hoping it was user error on my part.

Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious, did you try another pump? I’ve had a pump that was sensitive once, switching to another alleviated the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious, did you try another pump? I’ve had a pump that was sensitive once, switching to another alleviated the issue.
No - but I’ll try a different location tomorrow. I’ve never had it happen on any other vehicle I’ve owned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No haven’t seen that specific problem yet. I did fill up the other day and it seemed a bit early so I waited like 15secs then set the pump again and got close to another half gallon in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take a peek at page 53 of the supplement manual...

"NOTE:  If the service station fuel pump repeatedly clicks off (stops delivering fuel) before the fuel tank has been filled, push the fuel door release button again.  If pushing the fuel door release button a second time does not correct the problem, try using a different fuel pump. If premature fuel pump shutoff continues to be a problem, take the vehicle to an authorized dealer for service.  If the fuel door does not re-latch upon closure, push the fuel door release button again to reset the latch. If pushing the fuel door release button a second time does not correct the problem, take the vehicle to an authorized dealer for service. "

Fun times....

·
Registered
597 Posts
It has a pressurized fuel tank, I believe to help keep fuel fresh for longer periods of time. Reading about it sounds like something out of the SpaceX Starship's tanks.

There is also an emergency release pull in the cargo bay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend just bought a 2021 Jeep 4xe the other day but the dealership couldn't get gas in the tank. She left the car there and they just told her that they have to replace the fuel pump to fix the issue. This sounds like a recall in the making.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gassed up for the first time with the 4xe. I could not get very much gas into the tank before the pump auto cuts off (sensing the tank is full). It happened when I tried to gas up like normal (leaving the nozzle in the tank and flipping the little kickstand on the handle) and holding the nozzle myself and putting in very little gas at a time.

i know the 4xe tank is smaller, but surely it won’t be this much of a pain to gas up each time. I’m hoping it was user error on my part.

Anyone have a similar experience?
I always say… There’s no such thing as a stupid question. But some are pretty damn close. Yours wasn’t. :) I’ve had a couple different vehicles that did that, but think it was just the pump.

·
Registered
378 Posts
happens all the time when you are in hurry. blocked Venturi Port at the Gas Pump
but nothing fit's better then Baywatch Theme Song :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts