Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really frustrated. I thought buying my dream car would be fun or at least pleasant. But so far I have encountered nothing but pushy salesman and rude dealerships. I get the market is hot right now, covid has wrecked the supply chain, and I am not going to find what I want sitting on a dealer lot. Certainly not without having to pay thousands over MSRP. (one local dealer won’t go less than $5k over MSRP for any of their Jeeps.

So I decided I would need to compromise on the options I want, and place an order instead and wait for however long the supply chain gods make me wait. But so far I can’t even find a dealership willing to place the order without starting at MSRP and adding at least a thousand of additional dealer charges.

So what am I missing? I keep hearing “market rate” but isn’t a custom order separate from a dealers normal allocation? Meaning I am essentially adding to their potential sales? As best I can tell, they are wanting to make thousands for simply processing paperwork and taking no risk. If for some reason I back out of the sale agreement, they would have all the profit of my deposit and still be able to turn around and sell that order in a matter of hours. Maybe someone here who has worked in the industry can set me straight. I just didn’t expect so much frustration when spending $70k+. It’s probably a good thing I didn’t get my heart set on the 392. The three I have seen in person are all going for $107K.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same experience I had until I found the right sales person and dealer.

I spent two weeks of shopping and 4 different Jeep dealers until I found out guy!! Your story is typical of what’s going on. The market is crazy right now.

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
The trick is to order through a broker or directly through a well-known high volume dealer. You may have to travel out of state.

No need to even step foot on a dealer lot and deal with their bs.

I went through a broker and leased my Sahara for $353 a month. I paid about 8.6% under MSRP. I shout this from the rooftop every chance I get because people need to know there are deals out there that can be done easily and respectfully, without any shady business or haggling.

Before I ordered mine, I walked into a local dealership to look at a 4xe and the salesman literally laughed at me. So I feel you.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nevermind, Arizona I see. You can always order one from a dealer and have it shipped. Even if it costs $1,500 to ship, you can still make out well if you order from a remote dealer selling below invoice.

Why not try Travis @ Eden, NC Jeep?? They are like 8% below invoice for 4xe orders right now. So, you'd make out very well even with paying $1,500 or so for shipping.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you located?
I am in Arizona. I have been calling around all over the State and in Vegas. I figured if I had to go there to pick it up, it would be a great first road trip coming back plus I would pay about 1% less in taxes. Next I will try New Mexico or California.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Taxes should almost always be based where you're located. So if you buy from NC, for example, you'd pay Arizona taxes to that dealer who would do the reg for you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went through a broker and leased my Sahara for $353 a month. I paid about 8.6% under MSRP. I shout this from the rooftop every chance I get because people need to know there are deals out there that can be done easily and respectfully, without any shady business or haggling.
I thought about leasing, but I definitely plan on taking this off-road and camping pretty much every other weekend. I also have my eye on eventually getting it lifted once the major suppliers better understand the 4xe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not try Travis @ Eden, NC Jeep?? They are like 8% below invoice for 4xe orders right now. So, you'd make out very well even with paying $1,500 or so for shipping.
I actually had a vacation planned for North Carolina last fall, but had to cancel due to Covid. Maybe I can talk my wife into rescheduling that and then doing a road trip back. I do miss Carolina barbecue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@Archnemysis I think a broker can also help you purchase. Not sure on that since I was specifically looking to lease. It's worth asking. I can send you my broker info if you want. He is also a fellow Arizonan. :cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I thought about leasing, but I definitely plan on taking this off-road and camping pretty much every other weekend. I also have my eye on eventually getting it lifted once the major suppliers better understand the 4xe.
im in the same boat, im trying to lease but im meeting alot of resistance , alot of dealers are just acting like GODS and are playing the game

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in Missouri ordered last month from Napleton Jeep in St. Peters MO. They have been great. Only dealership I found that let me use fca friends and family discount. Sales lady calls me once a week with a build status update.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am in Missouri ordered last month from Napleton Jeep in St. Peters MO. They have been great. Only dealership I found that let me use fca friends and family discount. Sales lady calls me once a week with a build status update.
what exactly was your build?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in Arizona. I have been calling around all over the State and in Vegas. I figured if I had to go there to pick it up, it would be a great first road trip coming back plus I would pay about 1% less in taxes. Next I will try New Mexico or California.
Try Wally Illsley at Moore Chrysler Jeep in Peoria, AZ.
You will do lot better on price being a little patient and ordering what you want.
‘Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The trick is to order through a broker or directly through a well-known high volume dealer. You may have to travel out of state.

No need to even step foot on a dealer lot and deal with their bs.

Before I ordered mine, I walked into a local dealership to look at a 4xe and the salesman literally laughed at me. So I feel you.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
This was what I did... I didn't get the 8.6% off MSRP, but I did get 7.5% off and on the lease you get the full $7500 EV credit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How are you guys getting 8% under invoice? Is there some trick I'm not aware of? I ordered mine at $500 under MSRP until I found out about the FCA Affiliate program but even that's about 1% under invoice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How are you guys getting 8% under invoice? Is there some trick I'm not aware of? I ordered mine at $500 under MSRP until I found out about the FCA Affiliate program but even that's about 1% under invoice.
I used a broker. If I had affiliate it would have been 8% off. I did lease it too. 12k per year miles, 3 year, $396 a month $400 due at signing which was to the broker. 35 payments remaining... $52.7k msrp. I have no sales tax in my state so add your sales taxes to the monthly. A one pay which IMHO is risky was $11k.

Otherwise I ran into your issue which was $7k more for the same vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Glad I ordered when I did back in March. Lots of helpful tips on here so far OP. Also, anybody who would pay $107k for a 392 should be committed to an insane asylum. Even if they can afford it…

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been buying vehicles from same dealer for 25 years and paid 4000$ under msrp on my 4xe Sahara.i was temped a few times to go to other dealers but my loyalty paid off on hellcats and trucks.haven’t paid msrp in many years.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts