Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone? We went to a dealer and ordered a new Rubicon XE, negotiated $500 over invoice and put down $500 for the order. We were told it would take 8 weeks and have checked in regularly on process. One week before the vehicle is to be delivered the sales person called us to tell us they were increasing the "invoice" price by $2400 and that they had no control over this. Please let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
462 Posts
jeep did raise prices in early May by $1800, I confirmed this with FCA directly because the dealer was quoting me a different price than their build and price website. With that said, my understanding is that they would honor the lower price if you ordered before the increase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for this information. Can you define FCA? I am not familiar with that. I am trying to gather as much information as I can before we go back to the dealer to discuss this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has this happened to anyone? We went to a dealer and ordered a new Rubicon XE, negotiated $500 over invoice and put down $500 for the order. We were told it would take 8 weeks and have checked in regularly on process. One week before the vehicle is to be delivered the sales person called us to tell us they were increasing the "invoice" price by $2400 and that they had no control over this. Please let me know your thoughts!
I negotiated a price on mine, and then ordered it. During the build, Jeep (FCA = Fiat Chrysler the parent company) increased their price. I called my dealer and he said my price was still locked in, and he added I was getting a steal since they had raised the price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw the increase also when I was deciding to order or buy off the lot. It was 2400

I don’t think they are bullshitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I placed my order two days before the $1,800 price increase in the beginning of May. The dealership honored the original price when my Sahara arrived. Many people on the Lease Hackr forum were in the same situation and the original price was honored for them as well.

I'm under the impression that there is a way for the dealership to be reimbursed the difference from FCA, but don't quote me on that.

Where is the $2,400 number coming from? The May increase was $1,800.

Reactions: aug0211

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
If you negotiated a final price you should get that price. If you just put down $500 and agreed to whatever price it was when it came in, you’re screwed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with many others here.
Price increased on my ordered vehicle between my order date and delivery. It wasn’t even a discussion point. I did not pay the increased price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I placed my order two days before the $1,800 price increase in the beginning of May. The dealership honored the original price when my Sahara arrived. Many people on the Lease Hackr forum were in the same situation and the original price was honored for them as well.

I'm under the impression that there is a way for the dealership to be reimbursed the difference from FCA, but don't quote me on that.

Where is the $2,400 number coming from? The May increase was $1,800.
This is great information thank you. I called the manager and he said that our sales person should have told us that there "might" be increase in the original invoice on delivery but he didn't. He also said he didn't want his dealership to "lose out on a couple thousand dollars" .....and it wasn't "their fault" that FCA raised the price. ...but he would reach out to his corporate sales rep "to see what can be done, so we are both happy with the result"........That was on Wednesday....haven't heard anything yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is great information thank you. I called the manager and he said that our sales person should have told us that there "might" be increase in the original invoice on delivery but he didn't. He also said he didn't want his dealership to "lose out on a couple thousand dollars" .....and it wasn't "their fault" that FCA raised the price. ...but he would reach out to his corporate sales rep "to see what can be done, so we are both happy with the result"........That was on Wednesday....haven't heard anything yet...
This increase 100% should not hit you. This is a bogus stealership trying to make a buck off you. I see a couple of options:

1. Push back on it hard, professionally and firmly - you put money down on an agreed purchase price and as the dealer stated, there was no agreement for a purchase increase. Professionally insist that they honor it.

2. If they try to stick you with it, they will say “if you place an order elsewhere, you will have to pay that increase anyway since it’ll be a new order” - might be true, and you can play hard ball back saying you don’t have confidence that the current dealership won’t throw more price increases at you. Who is to say they won’t increase the price on you once again when it arrives, based on “market demand”? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... Could be walking straight into the “fool me twice” scenario here.

3. Bite the bullet and agree to pay if numbers 1 and 2 are not. Get it in writing from them that there will not be an additional increase to protect against a “market adjustment” at delivery.

Frankly, I’d call their BS on this and I’d be mad enough to consider walking. If push comes to shove, I’d notify them that you’re active on social media with a high engagement, broad community forum. Other dealers do not play this tactic, based on documented real stories from other customers. You’d love to share a success story about this dealership working it out for you, and if it does not work out, you’ll go to one of the other dealers listed with the “good” rating from the online community and share the facts of your experience with this dealership.

If they presented you with an out the door price on the vehicle and you gave them money based on that document, it is completely reasonable for you to demand a refund for your deposit since they are no longer offering the product at the price you agreed to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you to everyone who replied I truly appreciate the input and feel validated that we should not have to pay the increase and you brought up a great point about ??the difference in $2400 and $1800. I am hoping with this information my next conversation will be more positive and we will get our Jeep for the agreed price at our order with was $500 over invoice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: Because the dealership did not call us back we called yesterday (Friday) and talked with manager. He acted like it was no issue at all and said he talked with his regional manager and they would wave the price increase, neither we or the dealership would have to pay it, he said it was a "win/win" for everyone. This was all great news but I really want to thank this forum because if I had not questioned it and pushed back he would have charged us more than the increase!!! Thank you Jeep community!!!! Hopefully, our new Jeep will arrive by mid July but at least it is verified that we will pay the $500 over the ORIGINAL invoice without the May price increase!!!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
That’s awesome for you. The way it should be for sure. Now you just gotta do the waiting thing…😁

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats!! Love to hear it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So yes this happens a lot everywhere. Chip shortage lack of production. However if you had a signed price its locked. 1 way to defeat this mark up is started talking to your sales manager nicely he will hook you up he and only he. I got 2up charger 30% off along mopar lift and AW mats. Other then that take the hit others are seeing a 5k mark. 👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts