Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade the stock rubi rock rails but all the websites that sell the Mopar 82215165AB Performance Rock Rails for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited say it doesn’t fit a 4xe. Anyone know what is different about the 4xe’s?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking to upgrade the stock rubi rock rails but all the websites that sell the Mopar 82215165AB Performance Rock Rails for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited say it doesn’t fit a 4xe. Anyone know what is different about the 4xe’s?
It fits fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ya, the stock Rubicon rails are just that, rails. Pretty useless otherwise as they’re not wide enough to be a step. I’m 5’11” and have a hard time getting in/out, not to mention my wife and kid. Been looking at aftermarket options out there, I can’t make sense of all the options available-body bolt mounted, frame mounted, etc. I do know that I like when they conceal the pinch weld. These look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya, the stock Rubicon rails are just that, rails. Pretty useless otherwise as they’re not wide enough to be a step. I’m 5’11” and have a hard time getting in/out, not to mention my wife and kid. Been looking at aftermarket options out there, I can’t make sense of all the options available-body bolt mounted, frame mounted, etc. I do know that I like when they conceal the pinch weld. These look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's also the Bushwacker sill panel protector added. Using the Mopar Performance rails as side steps will likely end up getting panel scratched.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's also the Bushwacker sill panel protector added. Using the Mopar Performance rails as side steps will likely end up getting panel scratched.
Funny you mention this, it is the reason I am also looking at the lod armor lite sliders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny you mention this, it is the reason I am also looking at the lod armor lite sliders

I also looked at the Armor Lite, but didn't want to only have a certain area to step on/off vs entire length of the Mopar. Can't go wrong with either options in the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also not a fan of these rails coming from a '17 JKURHR. I can hop myself in fine (6'4") but liked being able to plant my heel on the rail to step out instead of using the sill.

My family on the other hand is SOL on both counts until I figure out which rock rails to throw on there. The more I look, the more I find that I like.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My family on the other hand is SOL on both counts until I figure out which rock rails to throw on there. The more I look, the more I find that I like.
I know this feeling! I ended up going with the LoD Armor Lite. Expensive but I'm hoping the aluminum build holds up better than the power coated steel I have used in the past. They have all rusted after 1 winter. I don't Offroad heavily so I don't need rock protection, other than preventing chips on the hinges :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts