Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have no idea what the math behind the dash MPGe is. Mine reads 30 but… I’ve not put a drop of gas in. Assuming the dealer topped it off (doubtful) It had 17.2 gal when I picked it up. 440 miles in and at 5/8 tank. Estimate of 6.45 gal used = 69.21 miles per gallon. Admittedly, most of my driving is 95% electric. There have been maybe 3 or 4 trips where I drained the battery but that’s it. Oh, and based on my cost/kWh from local energy company, I’m spending ~$1.50 per full charge/ 23 miles. Not too bad…

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have no idea what the math behind the dash MPGe is. Mine reads 30 but… I’ve not put a drop of gas in. Assuming the dealer topped it off (doubtful) It had 17.2 gal when I picked it up. 440 miles in and at 5/8 tank. Estimate of 6.45 gal used = 69.21 miles per gallon. Admittedly, most of my driving is 95% electric. There have been maybe 3 or 4 trips where I drained the battery but that’s it. Oh, and based on my cost/kWh from local energy company, I’m spending ~$1.50 per full charge/ 23 miles. Not too bad…
My guess is there is some magic mpg number that is applied to any miles that are electric only (50mpg for instance) and what it’s reporting is the blend of gas mpg and all electric mpg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts