Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took in my Jeep for a chrome delete and got everything wrapped except the front grill and exhaust. I also left the badging and lettering. Since I have a black Jeep, I wanted to keep some accent chrome. The owner convinced me to get gloss black and I was really regretting that decision until I saw it. Gloss black was absolutely right as everything blends in and looks like the black paint. The only thing I could see satin is the window surround, but I am happy with everything gloss. It really makes the Jeep look like it always should have in my opinion. I love it!!!

The owner also suggested doing the grill squares and/or the door handles in blue (same blue as the e) but I'm glad I said no to that. I like it more simple.

They accidentally wrapped the grill surrounds, which I had them unwrap. They actually looked pretty good. I think it looks great either way but best with the surrounds unwrapped. I kept one of the pics with it wrapped in case anyone wanted to see what it looked like.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
1,145 Posts
I also posted this on Jeep Garage - wanted to make sure I got visibility since I have to make this decision by the morning.
-----------
Took in my Jeep for a chrome delete and I need opinions. First of all, the owner convinced me to go with gloss black vs satin and said that is what he uses on all chrome deletes and everyone is always happy. I am not a gloss person. I would have wrapped my entire jeep in XPEL Stealth if it weren't for the cost. So I'm not sure how I feel about the gloss because it just blends in with the black paint. On the other hand, the bottom of the window trim is gloss black anyway, although I could get the entire window trim done in satin so it matches.

I planned to keep the dual exhaust, grill, badging and lettering all chrome but he accidentally wrapped the grill surrounds (isn't going to charge me for it). I think it looks a little weird to have the little squares be chrome but not the surrounds. It looks like they are floating.

Then he wanted to try making the little squares the same blue as the accent color. I'm not sure what I think - might be way too much blue. It would cost $200 to do so not sure I want to gamble and then have to get him to remove it because I don't like it.

Thoughts?

View attachment 8848
View attachment 8850
View attachment 8849
As much as a I like the subtle blue accents, don't do the grill in blue. The last pic looks pretty good in my opinion. A touch of chrome. Kind of gives it a cherckerd flag look.

· Registered
420 Posts
Here's a few to get inspiration from

Essentially High altitude Trim. I think yours looks very sharp and I applaud the decision to get rid of the chrome. Not sure about the subtle accents in the grille.
What % tint are you going with ?

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a few to get inspiration from

Essentially High altitude Trim. I think yours looks very sharp and I applaud the decision to get rid of the chrome. Not sure about the subtle accents in the grille.
What % tint are you going with ?
I already had the windows tinted. Not sure what % - just told them to match the back windows.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another option would be to keep the surrounds chrome but wrap the little squares in black. Really torn on which will look best. I don't want to black the grill out completely because of the black paint. I want a tiny bit of distinction.

· Registered
224 Posts
total murdered out is sometimes too much also, I like the checkered chrome/black squares on the grill and the chrome compliments the LED head and fog lights up front. If your going classy your going right direction, the blue is becoming more of a statement as it seems to be going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts