Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up my phone mount and I’m digging it. Went with a CMM Off-road grab bar ball mount, Bulletpoint Carbon Fiber Arm and ESR Gear HaloLock MagSafe Charger.

Product Wood Font Flooring Gadget

Motor vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Car Steering part

Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle

Radio Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Skades89 - I really have been searching of a solution and this seems more closely aligned with my needs. But I do have a question. I am thinking I want to mount my phone on my driver's side grab bar. Does it seem like the phone would be in your way at that location with the equipment's design?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice looking solution, thanks for sharing @Skades89

I'm very interested in getting a mount solution that uses MagSafe, especially if it charges. Does a MagSafe/magnet mount hold a phone securely enough to keep it mounted offroad?
I just got the MagSafe case and am looking to get one of the chargers. But I don't have my 4xe yet so can answer the off road question. But so far I really like it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Skades89 - I really have been searching of a solution and this seems more closely aligned with my needs. But I do have a question. I am thinking I want to mount my phone on my driver's side grab bar. Does it seem like the phone would be in your way at that location with the equipment's design?
I actually considered that spot as well. I was thinking of using the phone as a dash cam there. I think it would be fine there.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,261 Posts
Just finished up my phone mount and I’m digging it. Went with a CMM Off-road grab bar ball mount, Bulletpoint Carbon Fiber Arm and ESR Gear HaloLock MagSafe Charger.

View attachment 3671
View attachment 3672
View attachment 3674
View attachment 3673
View attachment 3675
Looks super cool!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm giving this setup a try. How did you connect the ESR Charger to the Bulletpoint arm? A double ball socket? My ESR charger came with an air vent clip that seems pretty worthless.

/[/URL]

View attachment 3671
View attachment 3672
View attachment 3674
View attachment 3673
View attachment 3675

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hi! I'm giving this setup a try. How did you connect the ESR Charger to the Bulletpoint arm? A double ball socket? My ESR charger came with an air vent clip that seems pretty worthless.
Awesome I hope you like it. It has worked flawlessly for me. Either the ESR Charger has the double ball or it came with the Bulletpoint. Mine had the vent clip too, went to the trash. On the back it has a part that screws off and the ball socket goes in there.

edit*** I went back and looked…double ball purchased at Bulletpoint.

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 3671
View attachment 3672
View attachment 3674
View attachment 3673
View attachment 3675
New here. Thanks for sharing this. This looks pretty much exactly like what I was hoping to get in my new 4xe. Could you comment on whether vibration is an issue? Also, would you happen to have any pics with the phone in place from the driver's POV?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New here. Thanks for sharing this. This looks pretty much exactly like what I was hoping to get in my new 4xe. Could you comment on whether vibration is an issue? Also, would you happen to have any pics with the phone in place from the driver's POV?
The magnet in the mount is rock solid. The only time my phone has fallen off was from me hitting it as I was backing up. I’ve changed the original setup by adding a USB-C cable to connect the phone for Apple CarPlay. I added some Terra Acoustic speakers and this is what they recommended. Way better sound quality. Here are a few pics taken from my iPad @ my eye level.
Gear shift Vehicle Mode of transport Steering wheel Radio

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
The magnet in the mount is rock solid. The only time my phone has fallen off was from me hitting it as I was backing up. I’ve changed the original setup by adding a USB-C cable to connect the phone for Apple CarPlay. I added some Terra Acoustic speakers and this is what they recommended. Way better sound quality. Here are a few pics taken from my iPad @ my eye level. View attachment 7173
View attachment 7172
Awesome! Many thanks for ultra fast reply!

If you were doing it again, would you skip the MagSafe charger and just go with a non-charging MagSafe mount since you have to use a cable for CarPlay?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome! Many thanks for ultra fast reply!

If you were doing it again, would you skip the MagSafe charger and just go with a non-charging MagSafe mount since you have to use a cable for CarPlay?
I’d keep it as is so I can use Bluetooth or USB-C. I don’t have a use for either USB port and I have the cords wrapped up and out of the way so it’s no biggie. 👍✌

1 - 17 of 17 Posts