Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear a chime when I drive into work in the morning. It always happens about 300 feet from my house in the same spot in the road. I don’t see any lights on the dash and the radio was off. This also happened even back in October before the Jeep broke down. Thankfully the Jeep is working fine still. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Is it a location setting on your phone? We have certain locations for me, my wife and daughter when we arrive places like work or school. Phone makes a chime each time and if I have my phone connected to the jeep I hear it through the radio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
99% sure it's your passenger seat belt indicator turning off. Sounds weird, but I was hearing the same exact thing then I finally caught it one day. Just keep an eye on the red indicator when you take off.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wish Jeep would turn off the seatbelt chime under 10mph. I know it's a safety issue and I'm always buckled when wheeling, but the backup camera stays on full time when going forward below 10mph when you select it so why can't the chime be the same? Both would be handy for in-and-out work like farming or security where you're constantly opening gates, loading things, etc...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is the seatbelt. For the first time my son put his seatbelt on before I started the Jeep. And I didn’t hear it when I got to the same spot in the road. I’m going to try to start it tomorrow before he puts it in to confirm.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So finally confirmed as I heard the chime and saw the seatbelt indicator light go off. C’mon Jeep - for those of us who have had their vehicle in the shop for months on end hearing that sound unnecessarily scares the hell out of me! Thanks to this forum for suggesting that was the cause and putting my mind at ease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts