Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with Uconnect 8.4 with Nav (I think this is all of you). Can you tap the Speak button on the far right of the input bar to speak in a destination? When I do it, I get a "not subscribed to speak and go" error message. I am under the trial plan and I've extended at the top subscription plan after the trial (of the same plan) expires next Summer. Calls to customer service have been underwhelming at best. Before I call again, just want to see if others get the same experience. It doesn't matter if I'm moving or not. To be clear, our Jeeps don't let us key in a destination when moving (without Taser Mini) but it should be able to let us speak it in. The Navigation tech I spoke to said Jeep may have disabled it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry if I sound stupid but… do you have a picture of what you’re referring to? I have the 8.4 with nav but have no clue what speak button you’re referring to. I’ve personally given up on using the built in nav and steering wheel controls cause it sucks. Or I don’t speak clearly or have no clue how to use it so it understands me lol

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Is there a “enable voice commands” in the nav. Settings? I don’t know, just wondering…

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this same exact issue. I've called Uconnect and XMGuardian and both of them keep transferring me to each other. XM Guardian says it's not something they are responsible for and Uconnect says all 2021 models are handled by XM Guardian.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For those of you with Uconnect 8.4 with Nav (I think this is all of you). Can you tap the Speak button on the far right of the input bar to speak in a destination? When I do it, I get a "not subscribed to speak and go" error message. I am under the trial plan and I've extended at the top subscription plan after the trial (of the same plan) expires next Summer. Calls to customer service have been underwhelming at best. Before I call again, just want to see if others get the same experience. It doesn't matter if I'm moving or not. To be clear, our Jeeps don't let us key in a destination when moving (without Taser Mini) but it should be able to let us speak it in. The Navigation tech I spoke to said Jeep may have disabled it.

Thanks!
I have this same exact issue. I've called Uconnect and XMGuardian and both of them keep transferring me to each other. XM Guardian says it's not something they are responsible for and Uconnect says all 2021 models are handled by XM Guardian.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that both of you are experiencing concerns while trying to use your Speak & Go feature. I'd like to look into this for you. Please send our @JeepCares team a private message with your VIN and any additional details or documentation that would help us better understand your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received the same messge and then googled "speak and go Uconnect". It appears that th "send and go" in the Uconnect app has replaced speak and go :unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received the same messge and then googled "speak and go Uconnect". It appears that th "send and go" in the Uconnect app has replaced speak and go :unsure:
These are two different features. Send and go allows you to share a location via say apple maps or google maps to the Uconnect app and that will then send to the car. Speak and go is the ability to speak in a destination via the built in navigation us the voice recognition system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts