Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m new here. I’ve read just about every thread before joining, some good and some bad. I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and my wife (if it ever comes) will have a 2DR Badlands Bronco (not the lame sport). Neither of us have ever had this type of vehicle, although I rode in one nearly every day for 5-6 years with my best friend, so I fell in love. I LOVE my car, absolutely love it but I love the 4XE too and am struggling on unloading it for the Jeep. I only have 6K miles on my Challenger and the Jeep would not be a daily driver either, just weekends and trips. Anyways, would it be a bad idea to own essentially the same car?! If I keep the Challenger I’ll likely just buy an old truck for snow days. I’d go 392 Jeep but that’s just way too much money. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So the Challenger is your daily driver? I don’t know your financial situation but I love driving my 4xe as a daily driver - especially when I don’t use any gas. My dad has the same challenger from a different year and he used his challenger as go for a fun drive car and not his daily car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m new here. I’ve read just about every thread before joining, some good and some bad. I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and my wife (if it ever comes) will have a 2DR Badlands Bronco (not the lame sport). Neither of us have ever had this type of vehicle, although I rode in one nearly every day for 5-6 years with my best friend, so I fell in love. I LOVE my car, absolutely love it but I love the 4XE too and am struggling on unloading it for the Jeep. I only have 6K miles on my Challenger and the Jeep would not be a daily driver either, just weekends and trips. Anyways, would it be a bad idea to own essentially the same car?! If I keep the Challenger I’ll likely just buy an old truck for snow days. I’d go 392 Jeep but that’s just way too much money. Any thoughts are appreciated.
I had a 2020 JLU Sport S as a weekend car/hauler and it was pretty awesome for that purpose. It was between a Mustang convertible and the Wrangler last year and I we decided on the Jeep because it serves more purposes than a sports car. You get the open top AND it's big enough to be a hauler AND it's good in winter. We liked it so much we ordered the 4XE to replace the 2020 in the same color. Our 2020 drove really, really well and we used it to drive on our trips with no issue.

Just some advice, if you are used to a sports car or regular sedan and don't plan on going offroad that much, or use the Bronco for that, get a Sahara. It's going to be much more comfortable and the tires really make a big difference in driving it on the street. Also a 2-Door isn't as practical on the Jeep and doesn't drive as well due to the shorter wheelbase and the Bronco will probably be similar so the 4-Door 4XE will probably be more useful when needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the Challenger is your daily driver? I don’t know your financial situation but I love driving my 4xe as a daily driver - especially when I don’t use any gas. My dad has the same challenger from a different year and he used his challenger as go for a fun drive car and not his daily car.
No, I have a work van so any car I own is purely for fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 2020 JLU Sport S as a weekend car/hauler and it was pretty awesome for that purpose. It was between a Mustang convertible and the Wrangler last year and I we decided on the Jeep because it serves more purposes than a sports car. You get the open top AND it's big enough to be a hauler AND it's good in winter. We liked it so much we ordered the 4XE to replace the 2020 in the same color. Our 2020 drove really, really well and we used it to drive on our trips with no issue.

Just some advice, if you are used to a sports car or regular sedan and don't plan on going offroad that much, or use the Bronco for that, get a Sahara. It's going to be much more comfortable and the tires really make a big difference in driving it on the street. Also a 2-Door isn't as practical on the Jeep and doesn't drive as well due to the shorter wheelbase and the Bronco will probably be similar so the 4-Door 4XE will probably be more useful when needed.
Thanks! See I’m torn because I don’t really like the Sahara as much, even though it’s cheaper. I like the metal bumper, hood, larger tires and non-painted fender flares. I think Jeep’s and Broncos look silly on smaller tires. Although I just looked and the Bronco tires are almost 1” less wide compared to the Sahara, yikes. I don’t know how much off roading I would do because I’ve never owned a Jeep, but I hate buying things and wishing I bought it later.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Buy the 4xe, scrap the Challenger. Sports cars are useless. Fun for a short time but after that wears off, blah. Had a Corvette convertible and never drove it much because I didn’t want to leave it anywhere. Loved it, but it’s just not practical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buy the 4xe, scrap the Challenger. Sports cars are useless. Fun for a short time but after that wears off, blah. Had a Corvette convertible and never drove it much because I didn’t want to leave it anywhere. Loved it, but it’s just not practical.
Lol that’s how I kind of feel. I absolutely love my car and I’ve done some fun stripes and other stuff to it. This would be basically the only think I’d trade it for but it’s hard. I feel that way though, I feel like I’m always going to break it so I’m afraid to go on highways or leave it places for fear of dents and dings. Is feel the same about the Jeep but I know I’d use it more, winter especially.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You sound like a candidate for the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sound like a candidate for the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance.
Blah lol. Ugly. No way would I drive that car around on my days off, I’m 36, not 60. I like fun cars and don’t have crib midgets. I’m not looking at the 4XE because I’m concerned with fuel economy. I liked the one I saw and the idea of electric on short trips is nice but also the tax credit is sweet. The electric is essentially free after that. The performance on the Mach-E is awesome but I’d rather drive my V8 challenger over a silent electric vehicle if I was going for performance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Blah lol. Ugly. No way would I drive that car around on my days off, I’m 36, not 60. I like fun cars and don’t have crib midgets. I’m not looking at the 4XE because I’m concerned with fuel economy. I liked the one I saw and the idea of electric on short trips is nice but also the tax credit is sweet. The electric is essentially free after that. The performance on the Mach-E is awesome but I’d rather drive my V8 challenger over a silent electric vehicle if I was going for performance.
:)
Okay. Taycan then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts