Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Wrangler Red 4xe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Just picked up new 4xe yesterday. Runs fine, no issues.
when home, first thing was check all fuses to make sure they are fully seated- there were several that while being in, not all the way down. Has been a lot of talk here about weird problems Cropping up. It doesn’t hurt to check something like this.
so far, after one day, we both love it.
cheers to all
john

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can't believe FCA hasn't addressed this by now. I checked my 2021 and several fuses were loose but I must confess that I foolishly though FCA finally got the memo and fixed it so I didn't bother to check the wife's 2022.

·
Registered
617 Posts
That will be one of the first things I do when I pull my new 2023 4xe in the garage. Second thing will be plugging it into my Level 2 evse.
Just lurking around up here in the Wrangler side of the forums, I plan on doing this in the Grand Cherokee before pulling off of the lot when I pick it up (whenever that will be)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely a good thing to do, I checked mine before I left the dealership and found quite a few that weren't seated all the way ,and I've checked them randomly when I've had the hood open over the last year of ownership....the second time I checked them there was a couple a little loose, and the following times there were none loose so I think as time goes on they settle in finally.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1 Posts
Thank you for this - Have had my '22 Rubicon 4xe for 3 days and roughly 340 miles and last night when slowing to pull in my driveway I had the shutdown happen - freaked me out, car came to a fast slowdown with all kinds of lights on the dash on (I had regen braking on).. first google search brought me to this site to learn more.. First thing I did was check fuses this morning and I had 14 that were not seated including 1 relay.. Dont know if itll keep that shutdown from occurring but I hope so! Someone needs to train the folks at the factory on how to push down the fuses!

·
Registered
4 Posts
All,
Just picked up new 4xe yesterday. Runs fine, no issues.
when home, first thing was check all fuses to make sure they are fully seated- there were several that while being in, not all the way down. Has been a lot of talk here about weird problems Cropping up. It doesn’t hurt to check something like this.
so far, after one day, we both love it.
cheers to all
john
Tell me how to check the fuses…?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't have any fuse issues for the first year, but drove mine about 10 miles up a rough unmaintained road to go fishing at an alpine lake last month. Near the top, several warning lights came on messages started displaying on screen. I found about 4-5 fuses not fully seated, pushed them in and all of the lights went away with no recurrence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts