Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thrilled to be waiting for my new Sahara 4xe to arrive in the coming weeks! I can't stop looking for things to do to it already and would love for you to let me know what you've done and how much you love it. If you can link to it that would be amazing!

My 4xe coming:

Bright White Sahara, black hard top, both safety groups, tow group, cold weather group.

-Definitely want to change the Tires to a more aggressive look. 275/60/20 seems to be the right fit from what I've seen?

-Will need a soft top after the winter. Didn't do the dual top group though.

-Anyone find an amazing steel bumper replacement to put on a Sahara?

-Stubby antenna put on? Foot pegs or mirrors for when doors are off

-Should I go with the Grab Handles that Jeep offers to order?

-BEST PHONE MOUNT SOLUTION?

-What else???? I'm pumped.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thrilled to be waiting for my new Sahara 4xe to arrive in the coming weeks! I can't stop looking for things to do to it already and would love for you to let me know what you've done and how much you love it. If you can link to it that would be amazing!

My 4xe coming:

Bright White Sahara, black hard top, both safety groups, tow group, cold weather group.

-Definitely want to change the Tires to a more aggressive look. 275/60/20 seems to be the right fit from what I've seen?

-Will need a soft top after the winter. Didn't do the dual top group though.

-Anyone find an amazing steel bumper replacement to put on a Sahara?

-Stubby antenna put on? Foot pegs or mirrors for when doors are off

-Should I go with the Grab Handles that Jeep offers to order?

-What else???? I'm pumped.
I installed a dead pedal I bought off Amazon. It doesn’t go to the floor like I want but it’s the only style that fits a 4xe right now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great call. I noticed a lot don't necessarily fit the 4xe. Which did you go with that was compatible?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083KL2R8G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I’m not sureI copied this link correctly but it is the
TIXO dead pedal. It’s a little painful to install. Requires twisting your body in ways it wasn’t supposed to. And start with a socket wrench. I was using a regular adjustable for the first 30 minutes. Would have saved me some pain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083KL2R8G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I’m not sureI copied this link correctly but it is the
TIXO dead pedal. It’s a little painful to install. Requires twisting your body in ways it wasn’t supposed to. And start with a socket wrench. I was using a regular adjustable for the first 30 minutes. Would have saved me some pain.
Where does this mount to? I bought another one off Amazon that didn’t work and I had to return as the bolt it’s supposed to connect to wasn’t long enough.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Where does this mount to? I bought another one off Amazon that didn’t work and I had to return as the bolt it’s supposed to connect to wasn’t long enough.
It mounts on the left side wall of the car. There are two holes in a silver metal plate on the left wall of your 4xe. This Amazon product comes with a plate that you put on the left of that silver plate with two screws sticking out to the right, and then attach the pedal to those screws.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A mod I hope to make... well I guess it is more of an accessory... a rack so I can mount my roof top tent. We won't keep it on all the time - only when we intend to use the tent. Along the same lines I want to build a box for the back with telescoping drawers to allow for food and equipment storage and use (ie gas/electric range for cooking).

·
55 Posts
Get an inexpensive OBD2 scanner so you can check if any check engine lights are related to your fuel filler cap! They're also handy for any other car that would need to have an emissions inspection and save you a trip to Autozone. Impress your neighbors and friends!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw you asked about the Jeep grab handles. Mine came with them (uninstalled) and I put a couple on. I took them off for a couple of reasons. One, this version comes with grab handles already for all four seating positions. The JK didn't and add-on grab handles were much more needed. Second, they hung down and blocked my view out the windows more than I liked.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw you asked about the Jeep grab handles. Mine came with them (uninstalled) and I put a couple on. I took them off for a couple of reasons. One, this version comes with grab handles already for all four seating positions. The JK didn't and add-on grab handles were much more needed. Second, they hung down and blocked my view out the windows more than I liked.
Good to know. I didn't include them in my build and figured I could just buy them later if I felt I needed them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat with Tow and Cold and Safety group installed. Super excited.

Can you also pl link the Home Charger that is your Fav? I am looking to get that one also. Too many options and too many mods - it is endless pit - everything looks so good that I want to buy it :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I posted a list of mods (mostly small) that I have done since getting my 4xe last year. Check it out and feel free to ask questions there.
It mounts on the left side wall of the car. There are two holes in a silver metal plate on the left wall of your 4xe. This Amazon product comes with a plate that you put on the left of that silver plate with two screws sticking out to the right, and then attach the pedal to those screws.
I'll post an update after I try it out this weekend, but I plan on trying to mount the Hooke Dead Pedal in a similar way to how user jmp120 mounted the Quadratec pedal. Basically it involves using a coupling nut and threaded rod to extend a bolt that you then use to mount the bracket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts