Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Morning. Picked up my 4xe this morning. My advisor told me that the traditional battery had gone bad/was completely discharged. They replaced it under warranty and everything runs properly now.

There were a couple of software updates that I would've been contacted to schedule, so they took care of those as well.

I was late for work and left the service papers in the backseat, my intention is to upload the info here tonight so every one can see what was performed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Morning. Picked up my 4xe this morning. My advisor told me that the traditional battery had gone bad/was completely discharged. They replaced it under warranty and everything runs properly now.

There were a couple of software updates that I would've been contacted to schedule, so they took care of those as well.

I was late for work and left the service papers in the backseat, my intention is to upload the info here tonight so every one can see what was performed.
My 12V battery died as well and my vehicle was towed to the dealership who couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I subsequently traded it in for a Mini Cooper. Not sorry I got rid of it. I am hearing rumors of a major recall….

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
My 12V battery died as well and my vehicle was towed to the dealership who couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I subsequently traded it in for a Mini Cooper. Not sorry I got rid of it. I am hearing rumors of a major recall….
You traded it in for a Mini Cooper?!? 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone is interested, here is the redacted version of the service performed on my 4xe. Ultimate diagnosis was a bad 12v battery which was replaced under warranty. A variety of updates were made under an open campaign, although I don't quite understand each one. It has run as expected since I picked it up Wednesday morning.

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
62 Posts
A question about the 12v battery problem…my vehicle is coming (not delivered yet) with the the tow package that includes a “700 amp maintenance free battery.” Is that different than the battery included if no tow package ordered, and if so, which battery is having the problem?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
A question about the 12v battery problem…my vehicle is coming (not delivered yet) with the the tow package that includes a “700 amp maintenance free battery.” Is that different than the battery included if no tow package ordered, and if so, which battery is having the problem?
Yes, the 12v batteries are different if no tow package. Either battery option could go bad…

41 - 48 of 48 Posts