Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm in Irvine CA. Just picked up my Granite Crystal Rubicon today from Tuttle Click Jeep in Irvine. It was a spontaneous trade in and I only waited 6 days before I took delivery. I had an Ocean Blue Metallic 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S which I drove here from Hilliard, Ohio where I lived before this for 2 years.

To be honest, I hadn't really known much about this car and was shopping for other cars such as the Mach E and ID.4; but the waiting list for the Mach E was 8 months and I was ready to buy NOW :p. So I decided to check out the 4xe. 1 Dealership whom I will not name tried to tell me that they only sold them above 70k plus a 5k mark up which they had waiting lists :rolleyes: I then went to Tuttle Click in Irvine who had some in transit and was able to lease it at a price I was ok with as well as a great trade in offer (more than carmax offered) while working with the most pleasant sales person I've ever met, which is always a Plus (y)

It's got the Customer Preferred Package 29V, so very basic with cloth seats (which I wanted); but it has everything I wanted in my Sport S, so it was a No-Brainer.

I See 1 (hopefully minor) issue which I hope the dealership will know what to do tomorrow (brake warning light is showing on dash while hand brake is disengaged), otherwise I Love this car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So turns out the brake warning light was caused by a faulty abs/brake module. They don't know when it will arrive with the chip shortage, could be months....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to be able to have it back in my hands and to be able to drive it.... but Dealership still has it, they say its inoperable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would love to be able to have it back in my hands and to be able to drive it.... but Dealership still has it, they say its inoperable.
We would love you to have your Jeep in your hands too, DistractedS0uL! Send our team a private message with more details on your situation and we can try to assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We would love you to have your Jeep in your hands too, DistractedS0uL! Send our team a private message with more details on your situation and we can try to assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Hi Kate,

Already have contacted both Stellantis and Jeep Wave, both have cases open; hopefully it can be resolved soon!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Kate,

Already have contacted both Stellantis and Jeep Wave, both have cases open; hopefully it can be resolved soon!
Thanks for letting me know! They will be in the best position to assist you from here!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
After about 5 weeks of waiting... I finally got my 4Xe Rubicon back!

For those who care to know, here are the service notes from the dealership.

Original problem: Brake warning light appeared after 60 miles on the odometer.

I dropped it back to the dealership the next morning after taking delivery, they gave me an enterprise rental (base Wrangler sport s turbo) and I waited for 5 weeks! The dealership I got the car from was not very helpful, their service department was great and the communication was great, but their management needs a lesson in customer service. After not being able to have the car I just bought (plus markup) for weeks, I was hoping to speak to the General Manager to talk about this experience and options, left a few messages and a negative survey... and still not one phone call.

Jeep Care was also very helpful and kept in touch every few days to give me updates, I am sure if I had not contacted Jeep Care; I would still be in a rental...

Fixed by ordering an ABS Module which is back-ordered due to the chip shortage.

I wanted to drive this car around a while before reporting back. This car is truly AMAZING! Coming from a 2019 Sport S...this car is worth every penny and totally worth the 5 week I had to wait! The ride is smooth and silent, love how the hybrid system works, and as of right now other than the ABS issues, I have no complaints. To all those who've had/has issues, I understand... but once you get it back, the wait is worth it!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
After about 5 weeks of waiting... I finally got my 4Xe Rubicon back!

For those who care to know, here are the service notes from the dealership.
View attachment 1798

Original problem: Brake warning light appeared after 60 miles on the odometer.

I dropped it back to the dealership the next morning after taking delivery, they gave me an enterprise rental (base Wrangler sport s turbo) and I waited for 5 weeks! The dealership I got the car from was not very helpful, their service department was great and the communication was great, but their management needs a lesson in customer service. After not being able to have the car I just bought (plus markup) for weeks, I was hoping to speak to the General Manager to talk about this experience and options, left a few messages and a negative survey... and still not one phone call.

Jeep Care was also very helpful and kept in touch every few days to give me updates, I am sure if I had not contacted Jeep Care; I would still be in a rental...

Fixed by ordering an ABS Module which is back-ordered due to the chip shortage.

I wanted to drive this car around a while before reporting back. This car is truly AMAZING! Coming from a 2019 Sport S...this car is worth every penny and totally worth the 5 week I had to wait! The ride is smooth and silent, love how the hybrid system works, and as of right now other than the ABS issues, I have no complaints. To all those who've had/has issues, I understand... but once you get it back, the wait is worth it!
Glad you got your issue resolved. That sucks to go without your new Jeep for that long. Dealer services are really important. Some are good at it, and some are terrible and clueless about customer service. I’m seeing a lot of really bad dealership experiences on this Forum, and it sours people’s view of the Jeep itself. Add in the chip shortage and inability to acquire parts in a timely manner, and it’s a recipe for extreme frustration. Anyway… glad you love the Jeep, I do to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts