Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After wanting for a long time we finally bought our first Jeep! We went with the Wrangler Sahara 4xE. Bought it on the 24th and picked up on the 28th. We were so excited to pick it up. Unfortunately with low stock we had to drive about 2 hours to purchase. Great drive home, we were really happy. After being home for a bit we went to leave the house again and we noticed the Check engine light, Service 4x4, Service ABS and Service Electronic stability control warnings we’re all on display. We confirmed with the dealership we purchased from that we could bring it to our local one for servicing. Dropped it off last Monday. We were told that it was a faulty wiring harness. They also said the part was on back order and could take up to a week to arrive. I called yesterday for an update, they informed me that the wiring harness was in but the ABS module was not and that it would likely take another week to arrive. We weren’t even told that that was an issue. So he we are proud Jeep owner… with no Jeep to drive. By the time this is done we will have owned a Jeep for a month, and only driven it one day. Has anyone else had this experience?

Brent

·
Registered
303 Posts
After wanting for a long time we finally bought our first Jeep! We went with the Wrangler Sahara 4xE. Bought it on the 24th and picked up on the 28th. We were so excited to pick it up. Unfortunately with low stock we had to drive about 2 hours to purchase. Great drive home, we were really happy. After being home for a bit we went to leave the house again and we noticed the Check engine light, Service 4x4, Service ABS and Service Electronic stability control warnings we’re all on display. We confirmed with the dealership we purchased from that we could bring it to our local one for servicing. Dropped it off last Monday. We were told that it was a faulty wiring harness. They also said the part was on back order and could take up to a week to arrive. I called yesterday for an update, they informed me that the wiring harness was in but the ABS module was not and that it would likely take another week to arrive. We weren’t even told that that was an issue. So he we are proud Jeep owner… with no Jeep to drive. By the time this is done we will have owned a Jeep for a month, and only driven it one day. Has anyone else had this experience?

Brent
This sounds very frustrating and we do apologize! We recommend contacting the team in your region for an added layer of support here. The phone number for Jeep Canada is 1-800-465-2001.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
86 Posts

Brent
Went through something similar, mine was in the shop for 5 weeks, a day after I took Delivery. Make sure you're in contact with Jeep Customer Care, Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went through something similar, mine was in the shop for 5 weeks, a day after I took Delivery. Make sure you're in contact with Jeep Customer Care, Good Luck!
5 weeks? Oh man that’s discouraging. How has everything been since? Hopefully they took care of the issues and it has been a good experience since.

Brent

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts

Brent
That really sucks. Hard to believe it didn’t happen for the dealership upon inspection and the driving they do to prep and charge it up for you. Hope you get it back soon. In the meantime, have fond memories of the drive home.😁

·
Registered
86 Posts
5 weeks? Oh man that’s discouraging. How has everything been since? Hopefully they took care of the issues and it has been a good experience since.

Brent
All Good so far since getting it back, I've added about 3000 miles, gotten the RRTs and havent had any other issues.

Stellantis paid for my enterprise rental as well as 2 month lease payments, so no complaints there either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on the situation.

spoke with FCA Canada they let me know that there wasn’t much they could do until the vehicle was repaired. When I called the dealership servicing my Jeep they informed me that the additional parts required had a “soft” shipping date of beginning on January… still very frustrated 😓

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts
Update on the situation.

spoke with FCA Canada they let me know that there wasn’t much they could do until the vehicle was repaired. When I called the dealership servicing my Jeep they informed me that the additional parts required had a “soft” shipping date of beginning on January… still very frustrated 😓
What parts would take that long?!? That’s some BS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What parts would take that long?!? That’s some BS.
First it was a wiring harness, then the abs module… now they’re saying there’s a secondary harness that they haven’t started making for replacement parts yet? I found that a little odd and confusing. That’s the reason for the long turn around though is the parts are not made yet I guess. Very frustrated, I’m talks with FCA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.