Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got about 550 miles and for the first time I am hearing a ringing noise most pronounced under front passenger wheel well and a fluttering noise under the Jeep where the back battery is? Anyone else hearing this.? I’ve had the Jeep in the garage all afternoon charging and noticed it when I went to unplug.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5 minutes later no noises. I figure it’s normal and I just never heard it until now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
5 minutes later no noises. I figure it’s normal and I just never heard it until now.
Hey, DoctorKBG. Should this noise arise again we would be happy to dig in further with you. We're in private message to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve got about 550 miles and for the first time I am hearing a ringing noise most pronounced under front passenger wheel well and a fluttering noise under the Jeep where the back battery is? Anyone else hearing this.? I’ve had the Jeep in the garage all afternoon charging and noticed it when I went to unplug.
Have had no firsthand experience myself but I have seen others in the forum report a fluttering/liquid sound under the drivers seat/near the battery associated with the battery HVAC loop, might want to take a peek at the two resivoirs with the black caps under the hood to make sure you see coolant in those loops and don’t have a leak that is pushing air bubbles. It has certainly been a learning experience getting used to the new sounds with our first plug in hybrid powertrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts