Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. We are picking up a Snazzberry Sahara 4xe this week. I plan to use the included charging cable until I decide on what home unit to purchase and where to place it. Curious what level 2 chargers folks are using or plan to use.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m still using my 3.3 kwh ClipperCreek at home. It’s under-sized for the 4XE so it takes about 4.5 hours to charge. I have a second ClipperCreek at my Mom’s house that is big enough to charge at the 4XE’s max rate. I haven’t decided if I’m going to swap them yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did a bunch of research before ordering mine, and agree with the above, Juicebox is to rated, has several models to choose from, and known for good post-sale support.
I like the fact its easy to schedule the charge for offpeak hours, notify you when changing is complete, any issues found while charging, etc. The install is as easy as hanging a picture once you have a 240v outlet installed or happen to have one already.
BTW for those that go to campgrounds, their plug-in model uses the same 50amp plug RVs use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I had someone recommend the Seimens VersiCharge Universal. Any experience with it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. I had someone recommend the Seimens VersiCharge Universal. Any experience with it?
I don't personally, but in general, Siemens makes good products and its about 200$ cheaper than the jiucebox, but it does not have the intelligence and alerting capabilities of the juicebox. I think either would be a good purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I pay for peak power usage, one rate for 2p-10p, and another for the other hours. As a result, I most charge my Tesla overnight around 12-18A (240v) - max is 48A. I was going to charge the 4xe low and slow too, but was wondering about either an adapter from my Tesla level 2 charger ($140-160) or a low current level 2 charger like this Lectron 240V 16 Amp Level 2 EV Charger with 21ft Extension Cord J1772 Cable & NEMA 10-30 Plug (UL-Certified) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079NTN...abc_FSECBH06FN0MQ6T1WJZD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 ($200).

Its easy enough to run a circuit from the basement subpanel to the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts