Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just picked up our new 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Sahara Unlimited with Saddle Leather Interior. Just wondering if there's any accessory recommendations, or the best place to buy them?

I'd like to get door sill guards for the door sills if they exist...

Also, the protective film / tape on the fenders... does that need to say on? Dealer delivered it with a bubble in it (its lifted in a corner) but still on good otherwise, just looks bad. Not sure I should ask them to replace it or not, but wondering if most people kept them on?

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Car

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
The detailer who did my ceramic coating advised that it was best to leave the protective film on the fenders… ugly, yes, but don’t notice them unless standing next to it. It does get fairly dirty but stuff at least just wipes off easy. I just wish it covered the entire fender instead of only the front half of the back ones which, I guess, gets the most dirt and rocks kicked up onto them. Got door sill guards from <https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07L5WBR66/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_QTNEKKCVZMMH9C0QT99A>

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The detailer who did my ceramic coating advised that it was best to leave the protective film on the fenders… ugly, yes, but don’t notice them unless standing next to it. It does get fairly dirty but stuff at least just wipes off easy. I just wish it covered the entire fender instead of only the front half of the back ones which, I guess, gets the most dirt and rocks kicked up onto them. Got door sill guards from <https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07L5WBR66/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_QTNEKKCVZMMH9C0QT99A>
Is it worth my time to ask them to replace the protective film since it has a slight raise on the end?

Also, thanks for the link. Will those fit my 2021? How are they installed? Nervous about screwing them up.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
Is it worth my time to ask them to replace the protective film since it has a slight raise on the end?

Also, thanks for the link. Will those fit my 2021? How are they installed? Nervous about screwing them up.
They usually would love to upsell you paint protection film, but I doubt they’ll have any free, extra protective film to give you. These are usually put on by the factory for delivery, I can’t imagine a dealer putting this on. So I’d say just keep it for as long as it still sticks then peel it when it gets too ugly.

Here is someone else’s pictures of the same sill installation. Just line it up first to know the placement then peel it and press it down nice and firm. Before application, clean the surface where you’ll be sticking it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.