Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
It was a huge factor on my decision to go with Jeep and not a BMW as BMW did away with the night vision in 2021 in the X5. My daily commute is on heavily treelined back roads with no street lights in deer and moose territory.

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
990 Posts
It was a huge factor on my decision to go with Jeep and not a BMW as BMW did away with the night vision in 2021 in the X5. My daily commute is on heavily treelined back roads with no street lights in deer and moose territory.
You know you could always install those good ol'e deer whistles... 😀

Product Font Material property Automotive exterior Automotive design

My grandfather, from New England, used to have those on all his cars and trucks. I always thought it was funny as it was often the first thing on his new cars he "modded."

Never hit a deer.

·
Registered
123 Posts

View attachment 8088

My grandfather, from New England, used to have those on all his cars and trucks. I always thought it was funny as it was often the first thing on his new cars he "modded."

Never hit a deer.
Any idea what the hit on the electric range would be with those? :sneaky:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I do wish the passenger screen displayed the night vision though. I know the system is looking out for you but wish I could have my co-pilot be watching the thing watching out for us.

·
Registered
378 Posts

View attachment 8088

Never hit a deer.
My great uncle (grand-fathers brother) installed a set of these (back in the early 80's) and the first trip out deer ran out and he hit that deer...he went home and the one that was still mounted on the bumper grille area...he kicked that thing right off of the car...LOL...sadly a true story....after that any new gizmo that came out was snake oil to him....lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's cool but sort of awkward to navigate to... wish there was a quicker way or just an on/off button for it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
From the driver’s information screen/speedometer push the up arrow and mine comes right up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll have to play with it some more. I currently got it on mpg as I'm trying to train myself to drive well with the electric feature.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'll have to play with it some more. I currently got it on mpg as I'm trying to train myself to drive well with the electric feature.
From the MPG/Energy Economy screen hit the up arrow button and the night vision should come up.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Does it ever automatically pop up if there is a "concern" or does it give an audible sound or something? I would like to think you don't need to have it activated to provide safety.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I’m not sure. I usually always have it up. I do know that there’s a small symbol/light that’s green on the dash telling you that it’s activated/ready even when you don’t have the actual night vision screen up. It turns itself on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts