Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 JGC Trailhawk 4xe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 22 JGC Trailhawk 4xe has the cargo area 12v outlet set to always be on (i.e. its got the battery symbol on it as it's wired directly to the battery). I'd rather have it on just when the vehicle is running, and according to the manual, you just have to move its fuse from F44B to F44A (the panel is just below the 12v outlet). So I did that and the result is no 12v power at any time. Seems like Jeep just didn't wire the Ignition side of that fuse slot. Has anyone had a different experience with this, or know of a fix? I'm guessing I won't have much luck asking the service department to "fix" this....

· Registered
393 Posts
Find another fuse with the same AMPs as 44B and add it to 44A i.e...fill both slots and see if that fixes your problem. Not sure if it will work but its worth a try.

· Registered
22 JGC Trailhawk 4xe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea. But, and maybe you know this and I misunderstood, this F44 fuse slot has 3 slots (left A slot, center slot, and right B slot), not 2 like a normal fuse slot. You can't really fill both F44A and F44B. The center slot goes to the 12 volt outlet. The left slot (A) is the ignition switched power. The right slot (B) is the battery power (always on). From the factory the 20 amp fuse is in the center and right B slot (F44B) giving you power all the time for the rear 12 volt outlet (and this does work which means the fuse is good). But if you move the fuse over to the left A slot and center slot (F44A), you are supposed to get power to the outlet only when the ignition is on. But I get no power. So I conclude that the ignition switched battery power (slot A) is either not wired up or is defective.

· Registered
2 Posts
If you look in the slot, you can see the copper connections in the battery side and the middle (out to plug) but there is nothing on the ignition side. It seems they didn't bother to make that connection. I tapped f45 (right rear heated seat) to bring ignition only power to the f44 fuse. I am only powering a dash cam, so I am not worried about over powering it.

· Registered
22 JGC Trailhawk 4xe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look in the slot, you can see the copper connections in the battery side and the middle (out to plug) but there is nothing on the ignition side. It seems they didn't bother to make that connection. I tapped f45 (right rear heated seat) to bring ignition only power to the f44 fuse. I am only powering a dash cam, so I am not worried about over powering it.
Great solution! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts