Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the HUD was part of the tech pack that came with my 4xe. According to the site when I got my car, there were no options packages I could have added that I didn't, which would have included the HUD.

is that not an option on the 22 4xe GC Trailhawk? I feel like some 4xe owners have it as part of the protech ii.

Anyone else got the HUD with a Trailhawk 4xe? What package was it part of?

Thx!

· Registered
950 Posts
I thought the HUD was part of the tech pack that came with my 4xe. According to the site when I got my car, there were no options packages I could have added that I didn't, which would have included the HUD.

is that not an option on the 22 4xe GC Trailhawk? I feel like some 4xe owners have it as part of the protech ii.

Anyone else got the HUD with a Trailhawk 4xe? What package was it part of?

Thx!
Correct, the HUD was never part of the Trailhawk... wish it was.

· Registered
193 Posts
if you wear sunglasses I'm not sure you're missing out on much. I wear sunglasses during the day anytime I drive and it's pretty hard to see the HUD even with it turned up to 8. I usually just look in the driver console.

· Registered
47 Posts
if you wear sunglasses I'm not sure you're missing out on much. I wear sunglasses during the day anytime I drive and it's pretty hard to see the HUD even with it turned up to 8. I usually just look in the driver console.
I have HUD on my 2022 VW Golf GTI Autobahn 6spd that I picked up Jan 4th 2022. Sorry had to add that its a 6spd LOL. When I wear sunglasses I can barely see it. In order to see it before figuring out what to do. I had to tilt my head to the left or right. Back in November I was driving with my dad. He kept noticing me tilting my head or rather bobbling my head to the left or right. When I mean bobbling thats what I mean. I would sort of start going either to the left or right. Stop for a split second straighten and go either left or right again until I was able to see the HUD. My father the immigrant from 1973 who loves making fun of all immigrant stereotypes. His stereotype more than others and actually dislikes the new immigrants where he came from. Pop looks at me and says vhy u look like eh ritarded eemmegrent fraum Eendia? Vhy you baubble hyead like Eendian? right left right left (picture an accent). chow (imagine the ch being pronounced like the word chanunnkah. The letter O pronounced like ah and lots of emphasis on the w LOL) you driyve like zis. yoor naut answering qvestion. So I said pop, its difficult to see the HUD when I have sunglasses on. You and I had HUD in the last 3 BMWs both of us had. Not only was it hard to see the HUD with sunglasses, but it was also hard to see anything on the radio with my polarized lenses. We had HUD in the last Jaguars you and I had (my 2018 that I got Jan 2019 was totaled Dec 4th 2021 when I 90 year old school bus driver plowed through my property and totaled it. That was the best day of my life. I hated that car). Your lease expired in 2020 and you got a 2020 Volvo S60 with HUD. You mean to tell me you never had any problems seeing the HUD with sunglasses? I complained to you so many times about this. As a matter of fact I told you I had the same issue each time I got a new car. You just shrugged your shoulders and never said anything. At this point for some reason I got annoyed. Not at the fact during day the HUD was almost useless with my sunglasses. But perfect if it was overcast or night when I wore my regular prescription glasses. More so at the fact he made that dumb comment knowing full well what I was doing. Instead of giving me advice he is making fun of me. LOL

There is silence for about 5 mins. He clears his old man throat which seems like forever and that eeehhheem sound is driving me nuts. Then takes a swig of water. Gargles, swirls the water around in mouth.....loudly I might add. Open the window and spits it out. Then looks straight ahead and says. Chow zhey say in Eenglish? Fool vaurk hard not smart. Eef you alvays moove hyead left or right and baubble like eendian. Vhy you no sink to maybe jost maybe odjaust HOD (yeah thats how he pronounces it) eezer maur to zeh left or mau to zeh right. You know vhat I mean? Im like huh. Teepical mauron. You move head left right left right. Zen baubble head unteel you see HOD. Eenstead of you baubbling head. Keep head straight. Zhen odjaust HOD to left or right and baubble it onteel you see it from straight head position. vhy yoo half to odjaust head and look like mauron. Make HOD zeh mauron. I looked at him and wanted to choke his old a$$. I was so annoyed. I said wait you adjusted your heads up display like this all these years and never said a word to me when I complained? He looked at me and just shrugged his shoulders. Vonce a dommy aulvays a dommy. Eff you coodnt feegure zis owt on yoor aun zen maybe yoo daunt need HOD. And then gave this shallow laugh I hate LOL. Nauw I can tell mommy you vaunt complain no more. Yoor velcome. I was boiling LOL. So I asked well what about at night. Would I have an issues seeing it since i would adjust it either to the left or right depending whether I wanted it left or right. After I asked him that. I knew I just fed this old man ammunition. Whhhhy did I ask that. He responds......zat is the maust eedioteec qvestion auv zeh day. Eef HOD can be seen vees songlasses after audjausting. Bot have no praublem seeing eet vith regulahr glasses at night oor ven not sunny at any angle. Vhy yoo sink to ask eef yoo vill have praublem after eets audjausted ven wearing regular glasses. praublem vith sunglasses. no praublem with regulahr glasses. yoo vill see HOD at same angle anyvays. I just put my hand over my face and sort of swiped down. He looks at me and vell veech side yoo goeeng to audjaust to. To zeh left or to zeh right. I chose right. So I straightened my head. And began adjusting the HUD until the it reached an angle where my head would tilt normally. Is it 100% perfect? No it isnt. And thats because when I sit in my car. Sometimes Ill sit sort of lower or higher. Not that I adjust my seat. But sometimes Ill get in my car and my ass if an inch or two forward which lowers my head and back. Or vice versa. But I will say it helped a lot. Sometimes I see it perfectly if Im sitting in that perfect position. And sometimes I move my head so little that no one would ever notice.

Hope you guys found this story funny. And if your parents are immigrants you will probably laugh even more.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sad. My 2014 Trailhawk has the auto parking.

I was hoping the fully packaged out grand Cherokee trailhawk would have the HUD, auto parking, and the newest driver aids, but it didn't have it. I mean 70k............

· Registered
393 Posts
Sad. My 2014 Trailhawk has the auto parking.

I was hoping the fully packaged out grand Cherokee trailhawk would have the HUD, auto parking, and the newest driver aids, but it didn't have it. I mean 70k............
Ever since covid we digressed...Sadly my fully loaded Trailhawk does not have a passenger side dimming outside mirror...my 2020 Trailhawk V6 (built during covid March 2020, flew under the radar), my 2014 Limited Ecodiesel, and my 2011 Overland V8all had this.

The other thing that ticks me off is the "Trailhawk exclusive Amber DRL" that all of the 2022 and 2023 Product Information states that it is standard...and it never made it to production....In my mind the Trailhawk model is Jeep's Flagship!!!...it is Jeep's heart and Soul!!! in the NON-Wrangler models...it is the "Leading Off Road Grand Cherokee" and is WHAT Jeep is ALL about.....but yet its treated like a base mode.....boggles my mind...

Reactions: UniSonBBS

· Registered
950 Posts
Ever since covid we digressed...Sadly my fully loaded Trailhawk does not have a passenger side dimming outside mirror...my 2020 Trailhawk V6 (built during covid March 2020, flew under the radar), my 2014 Limited Ecodiesel, and my 2011 Overland V8all had this.

The other thing that ticks me off is the "Trailhawk exclusive Amber DRL" that all of the 2022 and 2023 Product Information states that it is standard...and it never made it to production....In my mind the Trailhawk model is Jeep's Flagship!!!...it is Jeep's heart and Soul!!! in the NON-Wrangler models...it is the "Leading Off Road Grand Cherokee" and is WHAT Jeep is ALL about.....but yet its treated like a base mode.....boggles my mind...
Very valid...

Reactions: Cummins0867
1 - 13 of 13 Posts