Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the fans of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe, it sure didnt get any love at SEMA this week. Only found a total of three production 4xe's in the entire show. 馃檨
One built up by Bestop on 42's in the Magnaflow booth.
One built up by Lippert on 37's.
One in the MB Quart display on 40's oddly located in the Ford Outfront area with the Broncos.
There is one in the Delta Lights booth but it is last years pre-production model. Bummer.

The biggest disappointment was actually with Jeep/Mopar/Stellantis.
They only had the old 4x4e white and blue preproduction model from last year still sporting prototype parts. Why?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Window

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm not sure what this means?
If I wait until China gets the 4xe will that mean it will be more popular here in the US or maybe there will be some more 4xe's at SEMA next year, or that Stellantis will try and promote it with an actual production model?

Registered
If the production for parts is not local we have to wait 90 days to 180 days to show up on the western markets. but is not the parts alone so are the machinery to build.
i guess Toyota did a regular show off.

Registered
If the production for parts is not local we have to wait 90 days to 180 days to show up on the western markets. but is not the parts alone so are the machinery to build.
i guess Toyota did a regular show off.
Actually, Germany makes most of the production equipment used in China. They beat us to the game.

Registered
I'll bet the minimal 4xe showing was due to Jeep needing as much as can get to build customer orders. Money talks and shows are for driving sales. So, when they're already selling all they can build, and then some, they can afford be cheap/minimalist at a show. Certainly there are no extra 4xe vehicles or parts laying about but at least they had a presence.

Registered
I'll bet the minimal 4xe showing was due to Jeep needing as much as can get to build customer orders. Money talks and shows are for driving sales. So, when they're already selling all they can build, and then some, they can afford be cheap/minimalist at a show. Certainly there are no extra 4xe vehicles or parts laying about but at least they had a presence.
I think there may be some truth to this theory. I remember about this time last year Ford had planned to provide a few hundred Mustang Mach-E First Editions to shows like SEMA and MCACN etc as well as get some out to reviewers but they changed plans and made them available for retail sale to customers due to extreme demand. I am sure the pandemic also was a contributing factor since many of those shows were cancelled anyway. But yeah, there isn't really much incentive for Jeep to promote the 4xe much more than they are doing already because they appear to be selling just fine as it is.

Also, I think a big part of SEMA is aftermarket and custom products and many providers might not have easy access to 4xe examples or even understand fully how they work. I think next year there will be more stuff available.

Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
A bit off topic, but I wish they'd sell the art next to the vents in the first picture! I found cricut patterns for a flag, but something like that would be even better!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks @Kenji
No worries. It made more sense after your explanation. It was a big show with lots of great concepts and aftermarket parts. Ford killed it with all the Broncos. I'm hoping the new competition helps to encourage Jeep to up their quality game and customer service approach. Just wish there was more going on for the 4xe.

I love a nicely built Taco, but Tacozilla was definetly not it for me. Oh man that was a straight shot back to the '80's. Lol. Seemed like everybody was doing the white with brown, orange and red retro stripe job. Ewwww.馃し鈥嶁檪锔

1 - 15 of 15 Posts