Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 4xe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I missed any info in the manual and it doesn’t seem like anyone else is posting this.

I’ve noticed my 4xe Sahara doesn’t always charge to 100%. Sometimes I let it charge over night and it’ll just be stuck on the last light indicator and it will be at 98 or 99%. It even does this when I only need half of the battery charged and it will remain on an endless loop of needing charging.

One issue is: does it continuously suck electricity when that happens? Another issue: is something preventing it from fully charging?

There have been a couple instances that I hear a buzzing sound when my car is completely off. No doubt generating from the battery area as it’s in the back area… and not sure what else would make that noise.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced these things? And what the h*** is going on? LoL

Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have noticed that my truck has not charged to 100% a couple of times but it was not drawing power even though it was only showing 98 or 99%. It has self corrected after draining the battery down and recharging, kind of feels like a software bug to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not sure if I missed any info in the manual and it doesn’t seem like anyone else is posting this.

I’ve noticed my 4xe Sahara doesn’t always charge to 100%. Sometimes I let it charge over night and it’ll just be stuck on the last light indicator and it will be at 98 or 99%. It even does this when I only need half of the battery charged and it will remain on an endless loop of needing charging.

One issue is: does it continuously suck electricity when that happens? Another issue: is something preventing it from fully charging?

There have been a couple instances that I hear a buzzing sound when my car is completely off. No doubt generating from the battery area as it’s in the back area… and not sure what else would make that noise.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced these things? And what the h*** is going on? LoL

Thanks
If you end up bringing your Jeep to a dealer for diagnosis and need support, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
901 Posts

Thanks
Have you had the RRT software updates?

The Battery/Charging section has quite a few posts on this.

This happened to me frequently with an L1 charger. I had it happen once on L2. Since my L2 is a smart charger it graphed out what was going on. You can see it here, Very Slow L2 Charging Session with Weird Graph

Since the software updates I haven't had it happen. But that has only been a few weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.