Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Ordered new Jeep HA in sting grey end of July, being told it will likely come by the end of December.
I’m very excited and love everything about what I am expecting to get, however I like the more “aggressive” look of the tire than what comes as oem.
The HA is an expensive model and I don’t want to go crazy here with modifications. I’ve seen A lot of posts about tires and wheels but it starts getting way above my head once people start talking about lifts and spacers.
Is there any way to get this more aggressive look while still being the “daily driver” tires without having to do anything other than changing the tire to the OEM wheels? If so, does anyone have specific recommendations of tires I should be looking at?

thank You!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you have a picture you can find of what those falken wildpeak's would look like? I went on tire rack and there are 2 of them, I just don't clearly understand the differences.
Most people get bfg KO2s, Falken Wildpeaks, Toyo open country’s, or nitro ridge grapplers it seems. In 275/60r20, which are 33” tires.

Check this thread for more of an idea:

·
Registered
2022 4XE Sahara
34 Posts
Yes! Just change the tires to 35” BFG All terrain. You won’t need a lift and they fit on 20” wheels. Ride will be great.

I went 35” tires on the factory 20” wheels and a 2.5” lift for more room to flex off road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I'm getting ready to buy the tires hoping for a black Friday deal but it looks like the standard tire size is 275/55R20 but I am seeing alot of people say 275/60R20 What is the main difference from the 55 and 60 and would they both work fine with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
151 Posts
So I'm getting ready to buy the tires hoping for a black Friday deal but it looks like the standard tire size is 275/55R20 but I am seeing alot of people say 275/60R20 What is the main difference from the 55 and 60 and would they both work fine with the stock wheels?
The 275/60/@20 are a 33" tire. They will work just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nitto Recon Grappler. 315/60r20, basically 35x12.5. Stock is 32x11.
275/60 is 33x11
Thank you, but I think now I got more confused lol. So you have 315/60r20? Is that all on stock 20 wheels without any lift? 315 I am assuming means much wider, but won't you run into problems turning? Are your stock the same as mine if we have different trims? I am getting the 4xe high altitude

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sahara and High Altitude are basically the same. High Altitude is dressed a little fancier. Both have 20x8 wheels with the same offset. Both are same suspension and same height. I am 100% stock. Just changed the tires. Was gonna do 33x12.5 but really liked the 35x12.5 a little better. You can definitely run them on the road but I wouldn’t try flexing them off road. I’m sure they’ll hit…. This build is actually for my daughter and will be a mall crawler. Yeah yeah, I know.. Is what it is. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I just ordered:
Nitro Ridge Grappler
All Terrain Truck SUV
Size: 275/60R20 Extra Load

Now I’m worried I did something wrong because it said XL (Extra Load)

What exactly does this mean or do? should I have gotten a different one??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts