Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tires are rated by sidewall plys. From lightest to heaviest (duty/weight carrying). SL, XL(4 ply), C(6ply), D(8ply), E(10ply) and F(12ply). SL are most cars and SUVs. XL for heavier SUVs and light duty pickups. Then you start getting into the heavier sidewall tires. Ford Raptor is stock with C rates tires (6 ply). Generally speaking the softer the sidewall, the better the ride. But you give up some strength. If it’s primarily street, you’re perfect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you for this information, very helpful to know!

Last question and I know it's really stupid but I'm still not clear what I am getting. I ordered the Wrangler High Altitude 4xe, however I don't know if this is considered a JK or a JL. How do you know what it is?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Thank you for this information, very helpful to know!

Last question and I know it's really stupid but I'm still not clear what I am getting. I ordered the Wrangler High Altitude 4xe, however I don't know if this is considered a JK or a JL. How do you know what it is?
All the wrangler 4xes are JLs. The JK was the previous generation (2007-2018) wrangler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you for confirming! Trying to get all black friday purchases now!! Do know this thread was about tires, but do you think this will fit for the aftermarket stereo?

By the way....Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Thank you for confirming! Trying to get all black friday purchases now!! Do know this thread was about tires, but do you think this will fit for the aftermarket stereo?

By the way....Happy Thanksgiving!
If memory serves, the stinger unit is not compatible with the 4xe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you, does the stock radio have a usb port to upload videos and content? Are there any aftermarket that are actually compatible?
I'm waiting on this. It's not available for the 4xe yet. I emailed them and they said they are working on a 4xe compatible version but wouldn't give any estimation of when it might be available. It's already pretty expensive and I'm guessing a 4xe version will cost more. You do loose a dash air vent so that could be a deal breaker for some people.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts