Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had Snazz-E for 2 months and have put 3200 miles on her. We have not had any issues till last night. The Jeep had trouble accelerating but the RPMs would rev. It made it home. Then this morning, the dreaded CEL came on. We drove it to the dealership and they won鈥檛 be able to touch it for almost a week. We love our Jeep! I hope FCA gets this figured out. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wife was driving. The way she described it, seemed like it got stuck in a low gear. Just a guess though. It was in hybrid mode and during a take off.

Registered
Could she have bumped it into manual mode? That may seem alarming to a driver not realizing that happened. But wouldn't explain the CEL.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer called today. They said it was an evap code. They found the gas cap to be a little loose. Told me it鈥檚 all fixed. I feel good about this, however, it had been several days since we got gas. We checked the gas cap as soon as the CEL came on and tightened. Could Jeep have given us bad gas caps?

Registered
Could also be a evap leak somewhere else. I've only filled up one time, so I'm not too familiar with putting gas in this thing just yet.

Registered
Wife was driving. The way she described it, seemed like it got stuck in a low gear. Just a guess though. It was in hybrid mode and during a take off.
Hey, Snazz-E. I know it's been a few days but I wanted to check in and see if you needed any assistance with this concern still. If so, I am in private message to discuss!

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts