Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the dreaded “put car in park and service system now”. I was going about 65 with the A/C on and it was hot for here 82 degrees and humid. I was driving a little more aggressive than normal. But I mean c’mon I’ve got a 4xe. I was able to coast down an exit ramp off the highway as I had no power. I put in park and turned off engine. After the cars behind me were done honking and finally went around me I started it back up and I was able to drive it home normally. I hope this was a one time thing. I wonder if this only happens on the highway. I don’t do highway driving until Friday. I guess I’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I got the dreaded “put car in park and service system now”. I was going about 65 with the A/C on and it was hot for here 82 degrees and humid. I was driving a little more aggressive than normal. But I mean c’mon I’ve got a 4xe. I was able to coast down an exit ramp off the highway as I had no power. I put in park and turned off engine. After the cars behind me were done honking and finally went around me I started it back up and I was able to drive it home normally. I hope this was a one time thing. I wonder if this only happens on the highway. I don’t do highway driving until Friday. I guess I’ll see what happens.
Welcome to the club!

I don't think the million miles of testing included the highway.

If you can, visit a service center. They should be able to scan codes. I'm curious what yours was. Once the Christmas tree lighting starts, it's hard to tell what really went wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another one! Ughhh

Good luck and hope it doesn't happen again. This is extremely dangerous to happen on the highway. 1 too many people are having this issue

·
Registered
590 Posts
And we'll established members too.

I'm more than likely wrong, but on a hunch I keep thinking the software control systems are too sensitive to sensor anomalies.

·
Registered
590 Posts
When you say agressive, where you hitting the throttle hard, braking/accelerating, or had ACC engaged?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely sounds like a software issue. Like it needs a reboot and you are back on the road.

This is concerning to me and one of the reasons I'm hesitant to take delivery when it gets built and delivered. Hoping something is done sooner than later

·
Registered
590 Posts
I still love mine if it helps. 😁

I only had it happen once. I got into a fight with the ACC system and it "noped out" mode on me.

It was braking for a car no longer in my lane as people were pulling in behind me to avoid a police car on the shoulder. I was like legit worried I'd get rear end or someone else behind me. So I stopped down on the throttle. At which point nearly every alarm started going off and the engine lost all power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting indeed. I want to love it so much but i am also scared if my wife is driving with our babies. Maybe im overthinking everything and paranoid. Reading these type of threads aren't helping lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you say agressive, where you hitting the throttle hard, braking/accelerating, or had ACC engaged?
I don’t have ACC. I was putting the accelerator done more often to pass people on the highway- more than usual. My CEL came on once in my 2012 and I took it in and they couldn’t find a reason. It never did it again so I’m hopeful this is a one and done. I still love driving this vehicle. So I definitely want it to be a fluke. I would just tell everyone it may happen to you and be prepared so you don’t panic.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked my fuses again. Some of the taller ones were leaning a little. I just mashed down on everything and I did hear some clicking. A weekly fuse check may be in order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Following the same kinds of reported problems has me a bit apprehensive and I feel bad for those with issues. However, for the most part it doesn't seem to be a 4xe system deficiency, but just ubiquitous "manufacturing defects". It wouldn't surprise me if the second plant shutdown was to adjust some processes to help prevent issues. We can only hope the knowledge base of fixes is shared among owners and dealer techs.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
26 Posts
So this exact same thing happened to me. Was flooring it going around some "slower" cars, and the Christmas tree lite up. Pulled of the road, turned off, back on, drove home normal. Only time in the 4 months its happened. I had checked the fuses before that, but after, double checked again and noticed some of the relays and taller fuses needing some extra pushing. So weird

·
Registered
590 Posts
Interesting, so more cases of "flooring it" on the highway.

I had floored mine when correcting the ACC. Perhaps that was it and the ACC was only what caused me to floor it.

Perhaps we should all chill in the slow lane until Jeep figures this out. Hope that new software update being talked about is it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting, so more cases of "flooring it" on the highway.

I had floored mine when correcting the ACC. Perhaps that was it and the ACC was only what caused me to floor it.

Perhaps we should all chill in the slow lane until Jeep figures this out. Hope that new software update being talked about is it.
What software update???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, DoctorKBG. Have you had the chance to get to the dealer yet? If so, send us a private message and we can provide some additional support if needed.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 20 of 21 Posts