Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the oil in my 2012 JK every 6 months. Does anyone know what is recommended for the 4xe? I didn’t know if hybrids had different recommended intervals. I looked in my manual but I don’t see it - maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed there is an indicator line above the graph. I guess change it when it reaches that line? Clearly my doctorate is not in anything mechanical, lol.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think time has a bigger factor than miles/run time. I had 1500 miles with very little run time, then I did a 3000 mile drive. The OLM hardly changed after that 3,000 miles. It was around 70% when I checked it the other day.

It could be getting the oil up to temp actually helped some.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure about FCA, but if I recall correctly the GM one uses mainly rev count (as in "total revolutions since last change") with time and oil temp as modifiers, per a patent I saw forever ago. I usually just change the oil when the car says to do it, myself, these oil life monitors seem to work pretty well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The 4xe will also do an oil refresh if the engine hasn't run in a long time to burn off any water and contaminants that may have accumulated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think Stellantis says 7500 miles and your first 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations are free. I drive mine about 60/40 all electric to gas, so that means the ICE probably has around 4k miles on it when I will change the oil.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had 76% at 1500 miles from about two weeks ago with an April manufacture date. I got back from a road trip of 3,000 miles and had 70% left on the oil life monitor.

I was expecting it to be like 40 to 50%. It hardly changed!

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's in one if the instrument cluster screens. I don't remember which one exactly. You can also find it in the Uconnect app (if it actually loads), and in a monthly email if you set that up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts