Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Wondering anybody has installed onboard air on their 4xe at this time? If so could you please share what compressor, mount (location) you are using and gotchas people should know before doing an install?
Also share if you have any of the four wheel air system (like up down air speedflate) setup with your oba.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am thinking of this set up, still trying to figure out if i should go for the single one or dual

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking of this set up, still trying to figure out if i should go for the single one or dual

@Wannyfly, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I am considering the TWIN compressor with grimm offroad mount to go under driverside fender for install similar to the wayalife above, I am just wondering, how the updownair setup will work with this install ??

Btw, I am expecting to pick up my Firecracker red Rubi next week (ordered 5/29). :)

·
Registered
47 Posts

I am considering the TWIN compressor with grimm offroad mount to go under driverside fender for install similar to the wayalife above, I am just wondering, how the updownair setup will work with this install ??

Btw, I am expecting to pick up my Firecracker red Rubi next week (ordered 5/29). :)
congrats on getting close to picking up your Rubi. well, i reached out the the OP on the youtube and he said he didnt test his mount with 4Xe, so there is that and there goes my plan to mount the compressor. great question on the updown setup... i am not sure unfortunately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I pulled my ARB Single compressor and under seat mount out of my JL along with my Up-Down Air system. I plan to install in the next few weeks. I will let you know if there are any problems since I am now following this thread

·
Registered
11 Posts
The deler did it for me, djust put the compressor in the box under the rear floor and the air outlet beside the gascap. Djust wondering it will heet to mutch there if not open when in use, then djust open up, no problem.
Can send pictures here if you want.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
The deler did it for me, djust put the compressor in the box under the rear floor and the air outlet beside the gascap. Djust wondering it will heet to mutch there if not open when in use, then djust open up, no problem.
Can send pictures here if you want.
Yes, pictures!🤘🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts

It was a no go on the 4xe:

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a no go on the 4xe:
Here are sömu pictures.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Electronic component
Motor vehicle Vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior
Photograph White Light Black Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Olsi

Nice Install and great looking rig!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Couple of other folks are also trying out oba install, looking forward to see theirs as well.
Btw, what tires/wheels are those? and which location is this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Olsi

Nice Install and great looking rig!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Couple of other folks are also trying out oba install, looking forward to see theirs as well.
Btw, what tires/wheels are those? and which location is this?
More pictures

You can see tyre sise on picture. 35"
Rims are AEV.
Pictures taken near my home in Ólafsvík, Iceland

1 - 12 of 12 Posts