Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
68 Posts
The manual says not to run any fabric tops through any automatic car washes to prevent soap/wax buildup, so that's the advice I'm planning to follow. I've had my 4xe with the Sky OneTouch Roof for just over three weeks and I just went out and bought a good foaming sprayer and car detailing supplies to wash it at home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual says not to run any fabric tops through any automatic car washes to prevent soap/wax buildup, so that's the advice I'm planning to follow. I've had my 4xe with the Sky OneTouch Roof for just over three weeks and I just went out and bought a good foaming sprayer and car detailing supplies to wash it at home.
Unfortunately I up in New England so need to figure something out for the winter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have run mine trough 2 car washes, one with the brushes and one touchless.
Water did leak on the brushed car wash, but then again, it leaks intermittently when it rains.
I have a Rubicon and the touchless did a better job, but neither was great.

As far as soap/wax build up:
1) Get a basic wash without wax to prevent wax build up
2) I use a motorhome awning cleaner on the Jeep and my Fiat convertible soft top and have had no issues.
3) Use some type or fabric guard to treat the top, it will also prevent water from saturating the top and help with run off

·
Registered
2021 Stingray Rubicon 4xe
95 Posts
3) Use some type or fabric guard to treat the top, it will also prevent water from saturating the top and help with run off
Anyone have recommendations for what to use to protect the fabric? That’s always been one of my hesitations about getting a convertible / soft top. I look at older convertibles and their tops are just horrid.

·
68 Posts
Anyone have recommendations for what to use to protect the fabric? That’s always been one of my hesitations about getting a convertible / soft top. I look at older convertibles and their tops are just horrid.
303 Marine Fabric Guard. There’s a great video on YouTube where a guy walks through applying it to his Wrangler with the Sky OneTouch roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.