Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monsoon season has arrived and we discovered a leak. Not sure where exactly. Somewhere near the right A pillar. Water gets UNDER the track for the retractable roof and then sloshes back and forth when driving.

Stop quickly enough and the water rushes forward and spills onto the passenger seat, dash, visor etc. Carpet is soaked on the right side....front and rear. We have the Mopar weatherproof mats but the water dripped down the side of the front seat and onto the carpet.

Have an appointment in 2 days to get it looked at.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
The second I heard about this feature or option or whatever you want to call it…The one touch sky roof… I was like nope, never! Hope you get it resolved quickly and no damage is done.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The second I heard about this feature or option or whatever you want to call it…The one touch sky roof… I was like nope, never! Hope you get it resolved quickly and no damage is done.
Thanks. It is a good thing we are just leasing this thing. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I mean I was in a car wash yesterday and got spritzed on the face from somewhere… looked around… no idea and it’s a hard top lol. It’s a Jeep and it doesn’t like car washes… especially the charging door. I’m looking for a solve for that now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealership had to order the long seal on the right side if rhe top. They were able to duplicate the leak. I picked up the Jeep. Wasn't going to leave it there while we wait for parts. They said 10-15 days estimated for shipping.

And he did say it was pretty much a Jeep thing. Eventually all Wranglers leak according to the service guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Monsoon season has arrived and we discovered a leak. Not sure where exactly. Somewhere near the right A pillar. Water gets UNDER the track for the retractable roof and then sloshes back and forth when driving.

Stop quickly enough and the water rushes forward and spills onto the passenger seat, dash, visor etc. Carpet is soaked on the right side....front and rear. We have the Mopar weatherproof mats but the water dripped down the side of the front seat and onto the carpet.

Have an appointment in 2 days to get it looked at.

Anyone else having similar issues?
im having the same issue currently. in Miami, FL. so you can imagine my frustration. how did you take care of the leak?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im having the same issue currently. in Miami, FL. so you can imagine my frustration. how did you take care of the leak?
We haven't. Dealer ordered a seal and we are waiting on the part to come in. If we park with the front of the Jeep facing downhill a bit then when it rains the water drips onto the weather proof floor mats and we can soak it up with a towel. Then when we drive around, my wife had to keep a dry towel on her leg because the water runs put when I hit the brakes.

Sucks. Hopefully the new seal will arrive soon and that solves the problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We haven't. Dealer ordered a seal and we are waiting on the part to come in. If we park with the front of the Jeep facing downhill a bit then when it rains the water drips onto the weather proof floor mats and we can soak it up with a towel. Then when we drive around, my wife had to keep a dry towel on her leg because the water runs put when I hit the brakes.

Since you are getting the seal replaced anyway, have you considered taking the top off and resetting it? I wonder if it was just installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did you ever get this resolved? We have the identical problem. First rain, nothing major…and now water sloshing back and forth from front to back. Water leaks out on passenger seat & floor…basically front to rear. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Only a couple hundred miles on a $60k ride…makes me unsettled.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you ever get this resolved? We have the identical problem. First rain, nothing major…and now water sloshing back and forth from front to back. Water leaks out on passenger seat & floor…basically front to rear. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Only a couple hundred miles on a $60k ride…makes me unsettled.
Well. The part came in and I scheduled an appointment for this past Tuesday and my wife totally forgot to take it in. Then it has rained these past two days so.....

She is pissed at herself but still needs to call and reschedule. I made the appointment the first time.....this next one is on her.

Will update when the new seal is installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts