Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my first kinda wacky thing happen this morning. It's resolved now, but wanted to share to continue to chase some theories...

My boyfriend drove Luna yesterday to get the windows tinted while he was at work. On the way home, he topped off the gas tank. Drove home all fine. This morning, I drove to an appointment, all fine.

On the way home from my appointment I stopped at a drive thru, and as I was about to order, remembered I could not roll down my window due to the new tints. So, I opened the door... of course, forgetting that the 4xe does NOT like that. Put in park, back in drive, pull up to the window. While I wait for my food, I put the car in park before opening the door again. I was unbuckled and it was chiming at me, even with the car in park. I also noticed it was saying there was a charging system error. Puzzled, I hit the button to turn the car off, and instead it seemed to put it in "ready to drive" mode and quieted all alerts.

All seemed fine. I took off with my breakfast and hit the electric mode button, and it said unavailable. This was a first for Luna. Drove home and turned the car off. As soon as I did it said it was ready to refuel and the fuel door popped open. Ok... I went and checked the gas cap just in case. I think it was seated properly, but adjusted. Left the car off until everything shut down, and when I fired it back up, all seems fine, and I can again engage electric mode.

I can only tie all this back to the fact that I opened the door while running, and it caused a big fuss. Weird, right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just finished a road trip. Several times I ate in the driver seat with the jeep switched on to run the AC and I hopped out with the key fob in my pocket to throw away trash. It dinged at me but silenced when I shut the door. I just put it in gear and drove off with no sign of a problem. I was in hybrid mode as there were no convenient places to charge.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just finished a road trip. Several times I ate in the driver seat with the jeep switched on to run the AC and I hopped out with the key fob in my pocket to throw away trash. It dinged at me but silenced when I shut the door. I just put it in gear and drove off with no sign of a problem. I was in hybrid mode as there were no convenient places to charge.
You were also probably in park, yes? I was not. Just had my foot on the brake and opened the door.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That does seem odd. Hopefully it’s a one off. I hate that mine when running a f I exit and shut the door it honks at me 3 times. This can be annoying at 1am if I forget something inside and don’t turn the Jeep off first then go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts