Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just chatted with the Jeep customer support to get a build update for the first time I ordered. They told me they are “collecting parts” but they also said it is their new policy to not share the Build Codes. So, IDK if I am “D” status or not.
Really? I did a Jeep Chat session yesterday and they gave me my build code. Maybe it just started today? 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I have a question for the jeep ordering experts- I chatted with Jeep today and they said that they are still scheduling parts and I have had a VIN since 12/22. Don't they know how many vehicles they plan to make, so shouldn't they have forecast to their supplier what they were going to make when already? They did confirm that 4xe's are already on the assembly line.

·
Registered
887 Posts
So, I have a question for the jeep ordering experts- I chatted with Jeep today and they said that they are still scheduling parts and I have had a VIN since 12/22. Don't they know how many vehicles they plan to make, so shouldn't they have forecast to their supplier what they were going to make when already? They did confirm that 4xe's are already on the assembly line.
The schedule the parts and then the parts arrive. They don't pre-order all the parts for the entire production run.

They don't really seem to have a "parts have been scheduled, but haven't actually got her yet" step

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think they have a good idea how many they can make it will just depend on the parts available. I just received my 2022 Ram 3500 that I ordered on July 1st 2021. It's really crazy right now on parts. It took 4 months to go to D1 and another 3 weeks for the truck to be built. At different times during the scheduling parts/gathering parts there were several shortages all stemming from the chip shortage power mirrors, blind spot monitoring, digital review mirror etc,...etc...I believe it will be about the same with the 4Xe when it comes to getting parts. It may even be a little worse with a totally new Grand Cherokee model and then all the 4Xe stuff coupled with that....just my two cents...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've heard stories of things like they schedule 10,000 hard tops to come in and then the supplier only delivers 6000 because of shortages and they really don't know until they actually arrive, which is part of why the build date is fairly fluid until everything is actually on site and allocated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anytime I chat with them about my '22 GC Overland 4XE I ordered on 12/23 they tell me that it's gathering parts, is scheduled for production, and should be a 9-12 week timeframe. I brought up that the jeep.com website now says "Coming Winter 2022" and that I didn't want to wait until like next Nov/Dec and they keep telling me no, it will be this Winter that it comes.

So I'm hopeful for March/April. Of course not having any pricing yet also feels like a bad sign that it will be delayed until much later in 2022.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The pricing thing is also very crazy right now....is why they haven't set it yet. My 2022 Ram 3500 went up $1595 in MSRP from the time is was ordered until it was built. I have ordered vehicles in the past and they may have gone up $100 to maybe $300....but not almost $1600. My dealer filed for price protection so I paid the original price negoatied. My original MSRP had already went up from the 2021 models....and they were still building 2021's when I ordered. Part of the price increase was the destination charge (shipping) went up $100. I'm waiting for the JGC Trailhawk 4Xe before I order....I think it will be in the order banks in the next month or so....I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anytime I chat with them about my '22 GC Overland 4XE I ordered on 12/23 they tell me that it's gathering parts, is scheduled for production, and should be a 9-12 week timeframe. I brought up that the jeep.com website now says "Coming Winter 2022" and that I didn't want to wait until like next Nov/Dec and they keep telling me no, it will be this Winter that it comes.

So I'm hopeful for March/April. Of course not having any pricing yet also feels like a bad sign that it will be delayed until much later in 2022.
Well Jeep told me today, there are GC 4xe on the assembly line today. Winter 2022, could be now as it is 2022 and it is winter

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well Jeep told me today, there are GC 4xe on the assembly line today. Winter 2022, could be now as it is 2022 and it is winter
I take everything jc says with a giant grain of salt after some of them were saying that 22 wranglers had started on the assembly line months before they actually did.

Not to say it isn't possible that they are, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it wasn't correct.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The pricing thing is also very crazy right now....is why they haven't set it yet. My 2022 Ram 3500 went up $1595 in MSRP from the time is was ordered until it was built. I have ordered vehicles in the past and they may have gone up $100 to maybe $300....but not almost $1600. My dealer filed for price protection so I paid the original price negoatied. My original MSRP had already went up from the 2021 models....and they were still building 2021's when I ordered. Part of the price increase was the destination charge (shipping) went up $100. I'm waiting for the JGC Trailhawk 4Xe before I order....I think it will be in the order banks in the next month or so....I guess we'll see.
Yea I am very worried they will price me out of the Overland.
I take everything jc says with a giant grain of salt after some of them were saying that 22 wranglers had started on the assembly line months before they actually did.

Not to say it isn't possible that they are, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it wasn't correct.
Is there a cryptostickers.net type site for GC's?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know. I wonder what would happen if you plugged the gc vin into cryptostickers. It's going to ping the same database.
I did mine 12/23 and it's still just showing "-1" as the data so figured it didn't work. Maybe it would eventually?

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

61 - 80 of 119 Posts