Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea I am very worried they will price me out of the Overland.

I may be way off base here....but I do believe I'm close. If you look at the jeep build site at the Wranglers and price one out then compare a Wrangler 4Xe comparably spec'd out.....the 4Xe is about 4-6K more than a non-4Xe. Then build a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then add 4-6K to that MSRP. That should be close to what the JGC 4Xe pricing will be....not a science but kind of an art....I think it will be close. When I did it with the JGC Trailhawk the compared it to an JGC Overland. The Overland was about 6K more than the Trailhawk. I like the Trailhawk as it has everything I like standard. I can afford an Overland but I would rather have a Trailhawk...that's why I'm waiting to order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know. I wonder what would happen if you plugged the gc vin into cryptostickers. It's going to ping the same database.
Here's the FCA vehicles Equipment listing site...when your VIN comes up on here with an Equipment listing the Vehicle is built...when you get a window sticker to come up the vehicle has been released from the factory for shipping. For the window sticker site....just switch out the VIN below with your VIN.

FCA RAM

·
Registered
23 Posts
I may be way off base here....but I do believe I'm close. If you look at the jeep build site at the Wranglers and price one out then compare a Wrangler 4Xe comparably spec'd out.....the 4Xe is about 4-6K more than a non-4Xe. Then build a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then add 4-6K to that MSRP. That should be close to what the JGC 4Xe pricing will be....not a science but kind of an art....I think it will be close. When I did it with the JGC Trailhawk the compared it to an JGC Overland. The Overland was about 6K more than the Trailhawk. I like the Trailhawk as it has everything I like standard. I can afford an Overland but I would rather have a Trailhawk...that's why I'm waiting to order

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found this video online showing the production process. It doesn't mention how fast it goes but gives you an idea of how they're built and proof that they are being built 😁

·
Registered
73 Posts
Found this video online showing the production process. It doesn't mention how fast it goes but gives you an idea of how they're built and proof that they are being built 😁
I don't think I saw any 4XE's in the video, unless I missed it? Maybe at the 4:27 mark?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty awesome video! Thanks for posting....I didn't see any 4Xe...but there could have been. I really wish I could order a TrailHawk 4Xe so the real waiting would begin.:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pretty awesome video! Thanks for posting....I didn't see any 4Xe...but there could have been. I really wish I could order a TrailHawk 4Xe so the real waiting would begin.:)
It looks like a 4XE door at 4:27 mark maybe...I dunno. I can't imagine them actually running any down the line yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like a 4XE door at 4:27 mark maybe...I dunno. I can't imagine them actually running any down the line yet.
yes, I saw that but...I think that is a black cover over the white fender....with a hole cut out for where the 4Xe charging door goes. That one didn't have a cut out in the fender.....at least that's how I saw it....I could be wrong.

EDIT: Pause it at 4:28 and look back at the gas door...it has a cut out in the body...the front fender doesn't have the cut out for it to be a 4Xe fender/EV charging port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe they're building all the new model GCs there including the L based on what Stellantis said on their website:
On February 26, 2019, FCA announced that it would invest $1.6 billion to convert the two plants that comprised the Mack Avenue Engine Complex into the future assembly site for the next-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee, as well as an all-new three-row full-size Jeep SUV and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) models, adding 3,850 new jobs to support production. As part of the investment, a new paint shop also would be constructed. The Company started construction of the new Detroit facility, the first new assembly plant in the city in nearly 30 years, in the second quarter of 2019. Production of the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee L launched in March 2021, with shipments to dealers beginning on June 21, 2021. The next generation Jeep Grand Cherokee began shipping to dealers on Dec. 1, 2021.
Source

I think the spot at 4:27 is a tooling meant to support working on a 4xe but all the cars in this video seem to be 2021 GC Ls based on the look of the rear of the car at 7:44.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Still shows you the process the GC 4xe will go through.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think its all a play on words.....Coming winter of 2022 (when you can order) Coming Spring of 2022 (when it will hit dealer lots). As I believe someone mentioned its all a marketing strategy to keep people tuned in....just my two cents.

I hope the Trailhawk is available to order soon....it could be a late availability thing....as some items on that product information guide mentioned....that I posted earlier.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think its all a play on words.....Coming winter of 2022 (when you can order) Coming Spring of 2022 (when it will hit dealer lots). As I believe someone mentioned its all a marketing strategy to keep people tuned in....just my two cents.

I hope the Trailhawk is available to order soon....it could be a late availability thing....as some items on that product information guide mentioned....that I posted earlier.
At least it will end the debate of what they mean by Winter 2022 lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I may be way off base here....but I do believe I'm close. If you look at the jeep build site at the Wranglers and price one out then compare a Wrangler 4Xe comparably spec'd out.....the 4Xe is about 4-6K more than a non-4Xe. Then build a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then add 4-6K to that MSRP. That should be close to what the JGC 4Xe pricing will be....not a science but kind of an art....I think it will be close. When I did it with the JGC Trailhawk the compared it to an JGC Overland. The Overland was about 6K more than the Trailhawk. I like the Trailhawk as it has everything I like standard. I can afford an Overland but I would rather have a Trailhawk...that's why I'm waiting to order
My dealer said the Summit Reserve 4xe should top just under $70k, but ho knows?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dealer said the Summit Reserve 4xe should top just under $70k, but ho knows?
If you spec out a loaded two row, V6, Summit Reserve its around $68220...I guess the 70K is possible but I'm thinking it will be 4K to 6K over the standard model V6, two row JGC's (non 4Xe's). My only hunch is based off of the regular Wranglers pricing difference....that's where I'm SWAGing from.....I could be way off and I hope I am and the prices are lower....time will tell. I really hope you dealer is correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are dealers that will order these with a quoted discount. I keep looking at ordering one and the dealer I would use is offering 5% below invoice on GC 4xe orders. Invoice TBD when pricing is announced, but it isn't a variable the dealer controls.
who’s your dealer? I tried multiple dealers around Ann Arbor, Michigan, but no one is willing to make a deal based on anything (like MSRP, invoice) without having any pricing info from Jeep.
Can anyone recommend a dealer around Michigan where I can order one?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a “deal”. It is just MSRP. Not perfect, since I think some dealers across this country are doing invoice for 4xe’s….but my hope is to push hard to the trade in of my WK2 Trailhawk to make up for it. I have affiliate rewards…if the dealer/Jeep ends up taking it. But, right now, all the dealers in Maryland are saying no.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts