Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear rumors that 2022 production will start soon, though i have no when that soon is. Anyone has more info on it or waiting for 2022? I have decided on ordering from the factory. now the biggest decision is to order now or wait for 2022 version. thoughts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's tough to answer, because if you're ordering from the factory either way ordering now or later you're going to be waiting a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The biggest question for me is when will the $7500 tax credit expire. Once FCA sells 200k units then it’s gone…which isn’t a small sum of money. 200k isn’t a very large number of vehicles either

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL you can always wait for mine... my F-250 got moved up to Sept 6 and my wife says I can't have this and a new pickup. I'll give you the $7500 off plus a used one with 2000 miles on it with zero issues is worth more than new :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I hear rumors that 2022 production will start soon, though i have no when that soon is. Anyone has more info on it or waiting for 2022? I have decided on ordering from the factory. now the biggest decision is to order now or wait for 2022 version. thoughts?
You're risking it getting another price increase if you wait to 2022. They may not start on 2022s until late in the year, since they've got a lot of 2021 orders to still produce. Other risk is if you want a non-normal color like Gecko Green or the Snazzberry, they may not have them in 2022, no one knows until the order guide comes out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The biggest question for me is when will the $7500 tax credit expire. Once FCA sells 200k units then it’s gone…which isn’t a small sum of money. 200k isn’t a very large number of vehicles either
There will be plenty of advance notice before the tax credit will expire. Here is a link to the Federal tax credit for all electric plug in and phev vehicles and more information. Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars

For the record, Jeep sold a total of 201,311 Jeep Wranglers in 2020, in 2019 they sold 228,042. Source
In Q2 of this year, Jeep sold a total of 69,020 Wranglers, an estimated 12,000 of those are 4xe models. Source

·
Registered
121 Posts
There will be plenty of advance notice before the tax credit will expire. Here is a link to the Federal tax credit for all electric plug in and phev vehicles and more information. Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars

For the record, Jeep sold a total of 201,311 Jeep Wranglers in 2020, in 2019 they sold 228,042. Source
In Q2 of this year, Jeep sold a total of 69,020 Wranglers, an estimated 12,000 of those are 4xe models. Source
I don't know if they sell that many Pacifica Hybrids but those are included in the total too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know if they sell that many Pacifica Hybrids but those are included in the total too.
Yep... I think the 2022 PHEV line up is Pacifica, Wrangler, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee and a 2023 PHEV Wagoneer... so it wont take long to use up that electric allocation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good point. In 2018, Waymo (Google) ordered 60 thousand Pacifica Hybrids in 2018 for delivery between then and 2020. I cannot find any sales figures for how many of the hybrid model have been sold so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While waiting for 2022 is the prudent decision, i am known to make bad choices in life (just ask my ex). so i just sent what i want to the dealer and will go there tomorrow to sign. a little bit of single malt might have something do with it....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're risking it getting another price increase if you wait to 2022. They may not start on 2022s until late in the year, since they've got a lot of 2021 orders to still produce. Other risk is if you want a non-normal color like Gecko Green or the Snazzberry, they may not have them in 2022, no one knows until the order guide comes out.
great point. I have learnt that last week there was a price increase thats still not reflecting on the Jeep website

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL you can always wait for mine... my F-250 got moved up to Sept 6 and my wife says I can't have this and a new pickup. I'll give you the $7500 off plus a used one with 2000 miles on it with zero issues is worth more than new :)
Love the offer man... but naaaaah :p
in addition to ordering this red one, i am also keeping my '19 RAM 1500 instead to trading it in and getting top dollar for it right now... Yeah i am dumb

·
Registered
169 Posts
Exactly why I ordered a Jeep on 7/16 and also the reason I’m not driving a Tesla. $7500 is a lot of money off a new vehicle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love the offer man... but naaaaah :p
in addition to ordering this red one, i am also keeping my '19 RAM 1500 instead to trading it in and getting top dollar for it right now... Yeah i am dumb
ur not dumb, this Jeep solves none of the things my pickup does except for maybe driving in the snow… it actually makes sense to have both :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ur not dumb, this Jeep solves none of the things my pickup does except for maybe driving in the snow… it actually makes sense to have both :)
I am in Atlanta area now, so snow is least of my problems lol, but i hear ya. spent 14 years up north

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to order one.Can you post or message me your vehicle pic, price and where are you located?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm looking to order one.Can you post or message me your vehicle pic, price and where are you located?
Yea I'll put it up here in a month or so... but I'm not sure how many ppl will be interested as it's a pretty loaded spec, w/new winch, stabilizers etc, tint etc, 10year/100,000 bumper to bumper

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
b/w dealer says production begins sometime beginning Dec for 2022 model

1 - 20 of 29 Posts