Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer does not have a 4xe available to drive but I drove a Willy's and found its ride quality OK. Can anyone please explain the overall ride quality in regards to suspension and soaking up bumps on the road only. My wife and I are coming from an older Lexus and we know the feel is different but just want to hear owners opinions. Everywhere online and Youtube just says it drives like a Jeep (gee thanks). My dealer says the heaviness of the battery makes for a more solid feel and better ride quality. Thank you!!

Huntid ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a 2021 Willy's and now the Sahara 4xe. Ride quality is a bit better but pretty similar. I enjoyed the ride on the Willy's. Handling and cornering improvement is more noticeable.

·
Registered
381 Posts
riding comfort 10 out of 10 , swings a little side to side on uneven roads and drifts a little out in curves at high speed. pretty cool and relaxed driving over all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
riding comfort 10 out of 10 , swings a little side to side on uneven roads and drifts a little out in curves at high speed. pretty cool and relaxed driving over all.
Thank you for the response. We are coming from a Lexus so a little bit worried it may be a little harsh on the road. Either way we are totally excited.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thank you for the response. We are coming from a Lexus so a little bit worried it may be a little harsh on the road. Either way we are totally excited.
Depending on which top you are getting there will be noticeable road noise but hey it’s a Wrangler with a great stereo. 👍

·
Registered
173 Posts
It absolutely will not ride like your Lexus, it is a single axle vehicle. BUT, it rides pretty good and better than any other Jeep Wrangler to date.
Also, the 4xe should feel a little more solid at speed on the highway due to the extra 800+ lbs in the center of the vehicle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Will still be stiffer than Lexus but has suspension that can handle pavement irregularities with needing alignment all the time,I have had many wranglers and the 4xe is best ride yet.be sure to set tire pressure to door sticker as they are shipped with higher air pressure and seldom lowered at dealer

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven’t had a Lexus to compare but have a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in addition to our 4xE Sahara and can tell you the 4xE rides like a luxury SUV by comparison to the truck. I feel that it also rides significantly better than our past Grand Cherokees also.

For what it’s worth, I have a Hotheads full headliner setup in it as well to cutdown on road noise and make it quieter. Overall, I love the ride quality.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven’t had a Lexus to compare but have a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in addition to our 4xE Sahara and can tell you the 4xE rides like a luxury SUV by comparison to the truck. I feel that it also rides significantly better than our past Grand Cherokees also.

For what it’s worth, I have a Hotheads full headliner setup in it as well to cutdown on road noise and make it quieter. Overall, I love the ride quality.
Thank you for the information. I'm sure it will be fine. My commute is much less now due to covid anyways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Willys you tested has mud tires which ride poorly on the street. Sahara and HA have Dueller street tires which ride great on the street. Sahara’s suspension is also more street tuned than Rubi or Willys. I find the ride extremely comfortable in the Sahara HA that I have. I test drove a gas Sahara before buying the 4xe and found the 4xe ride comparable to what I remembered so you might want to try that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Willys you tested has mud tires which ride poorly on the street. Sahara and HA have Dueller street tires which ride great on the street. Sahara’s suspension is also more street tuned than Rubi or Willys. I find the ride extremely comfortable in the Sahara HA that I have. I test drove a gas Sahara before buying the 4xe and found the 4xe ride comparable to what I remembered so you might want to try that.
That’s great information thank you very much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the 2018 JL Rubicon. 2021 4xe Rubicon ride quality is much better. I test drove High altitude and the High altitude better ride than Rubicon. but please don't compare with Lexus. Wrangler is unique and gives you fun!

·
Registered
2021 Jeep 4xe Rubicon
28 Posts
As stated above, tire pressure is important. Check the door.

The ride is very good. I came from a RAM1500 and it is very comparable.

The Jeep is not a car. No a 4x2 vehicle either.
However, it’s ride is excellent. WB is probably shorter that the Lexus so that will help feel sportier.

You will enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer does not have a 4xe available to drive but I drove a Willy's and found its ride quality OK. Can anyone please explain the overall ride quality in regards to suspension and soaking up bumps on the road only. My wife and I are coming from an older Lexus and we know the feel is different but just want to hear owners opinions. Everywhere online and Youtube just says it drives like a Jeep (gee thanks). My dealer says the heaviness of the battery makes for a more solid feel and better ride quality. Thank you!!

Huntid ;)
We got a Sahara with the hard top in late May. We've been surprised at how comfortable the ride has been. My brother has a 2018 Unlimited Sport; after my dad rode in the 4xe he said it's a night and day improvement.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We got a Sahara with the hard top in late May. We've been surprised at how comfortable the ride has been. My brother has a 2018 Unlimited Sport; after my dad rode in the 4xe he said it's a night and day improvement.
Thank you that makes me feel a lot better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Coming from a 2018 Moab and now in a Rubicon 4xe, there is a more solid feel to the suspension at lower speeds. At high speeds, it’s still a Jeep, still sways in the wind and requires course correction frequently….and we love them for it!

I would not be going into a jeep expecting any luxury suv like ride, certainly not a sedan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts