Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
4xe Rubicon with 350 miles, and 19 days old. Check engine light came on, OBD II showed P2122 “accelerator pedal position sensor 1 circuit low” and B2779-04 vehicle pedestrian alert module system internal failure”.

About 20 miles later, the check engine light went off. And then it came back on, alongside the red “electronic throttle
Control” warning and the limp home red turtle.

Just had the car towed to local Jeep dealership for diagnostics. Crossing my fingers it’s an easy fix. Infuriating that the car is not drivable after just 350 miles! This is my first Jeep, and I’m really disappointed!

Any ideas? @JeepCares

·
Registered
201 Posts
4xe Rubicon with 350 miles, and 19 days old. Check engine light came on, OBD II showed P2122 “accelerator pedal position sensor 1 circuit low” and B2779-04 vehicle pedestrian alert module system internal failure”.

About 20 miles later, the check engine light went off. And then it came back on, alongside the red “electronic throttle
Control” warning and the limp home red turtle.

Just had the car towed to local Jeep dealership for diagnostics. Crossing my fingers it’s an easy fix. Infuriating that the car is not drivable after just 350 miles! This is my first Jeep, and I’m really disappointed!

Any ideas? @JeepCares
Thanks for tagging us here. Please send our team a private message and we can assist you.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update for those that are interested:

Dealer tried re-calibrating the accelerator position sensor. Then took it for 5-10 mile drive and the ETC red flashing came back on! They then replaced the entire accelerator position sensor assembly, drove it several times, I drove it home 20-30 minutes and so far so good.Fingers crossed this fixes it! It’s a part that is NOT unique to 4xe so they were able to get their hands on one quickly.

ps- they did check the fuses which were all properly seated! Also, the Uconnect updated while it was there, and my backup lines re-appeared!

love this car, so long as it can be reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update: Jeep broke down again today, 10+ miles off a forest service road. Had to use tow rope to limp back to highway! Same exact symptoms as the first time— p2122 engine code. Waiting for the tow truck. Hoping Jeep can make this right.

@JeepCares

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any update with your 4xe? I'm going through the same situation. Its crazy to me that with this happening to so many people, they can't figure out what's going on with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealership was able to diagnose and fix the Jeep. It was a broken/damaged pin in one of the wiring harnesses that plugs into the PCM. Damaged during assembly at the factory, and nothing unique to the 4xe hybrid power train system. I guess this goes to show that not only are 4xe’s unreliable, but all Jeeps are unreliable!

·
Registered
480 Posts
guess this goes to show that not only are 4xe’s unreliable, but all Jeeps are unreliable!
Glad they figured it out. To be honest though, Jeeps have been rated poor for reliability for quite some time. I wish it wasn’t the case but check out the stats.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
PITA, but as long as they get it fixed, I’d be happy. Some on here still have no answers.
Agreed these things shouldn’t happen, but of course they always will. If they were to take their time on the build, we would all be complaining about how long it takes to get one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
One thing I should add, part of the reason Jeep has been able to get away with low reliability on the Wrangler is the lack of a true competitor for the past 20 years. The Bronco coming back will hopefully benefit all of us participating in the this market.

·
Registered
613 Posts
One thing I should add, part of the reason Jeep has been able to get away with low reliability on the Wrangler is the lack of a true competitor for the past 20 years. The Bronco coming back will hopefully benefit all of us participating in the this market.
I get laughed at for saying it but Ford does have better quality control from the factory. They do a sloppy job with paint and panel alignments but at least everything is bolted together.

It's a shame as the engineering is solid. Stellantis could threaten to move manufacturing to Mexico unless management fixes things. I'm not blaming the workers but something is off with the processes and QC at that plant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts